Nokta Pinpointer leash

hbot37

Hey All,
I recently purchased a Nokta pinpointer and have run into an issue that I didn't consider beforehand. There is nowhere on the unit to attach any kind of leash to. I am going to start doing some water hunting and don't particularly want to climb into the river without all my important stuff attached to me. Has anyone else run into this problem or have any ideas for a solution? Right now the only thing I can think of is the redneck fix to use a bunch of duct tape to hold the pinpointer to the leash. Any ideas are much appreciated, thanks.

A piece of heat shrink tube to hold a lanyard to the body?

Cliff

Thanks Cliff, that may work. I am not very familiar with heat shrink tube, is it made from a strong enough material to take a little bit of detectorist abuse?

Thanks Cliff, that may work. I am not very familiar with heat shrink tube, is it made from a strong enough material to take a little bit of detectorist abuse?
Absolutely. They make it in several different thicknesses. Electrical supply placed usually have it. Just buy the size you need, slip it on with the lanyard under it and shrink it with a heat source like a light bulb, heat gun, flame, etc. Just make sure and don't melt it with too much heat.

Cliff

Hey All,
I recently purchased a Nokta pinpointer and have run into an issue that I didn't consider beforehand. There is nowhere on the unit to attach any kind of leash to. I am going to start doing some water hunting and don't particularly want to climb into the river without all my important stuff attached to me. Has anyone else run into this problem or have any ideas for a solution? Right now the only thing I can think of is the redneck fix to use a bunch of duct tape to hold the pinpointer to the leash. Any ideas are much appreciated, thanks.

You may see on a certain auction site, 3D printed plastic items sold to deal with this issue. Basically it's a flat ring of plastic that goes between the cap and body of the pinpointer. This ring has a small tab sticking out on one side with a hole through for the lanyard. It looks a really good idea but mine lasted about a week before it broke so not worth the money.

I end up use a couple of zip ties but they had a habit of slipping off because of the taper of the pinpointer body....

If I were doing it again, I would use the zip ties for strength, and anchor them in place with the shrink down tubing already mentioned...

Last edited:
Yeah I think I will go with the ziptie/shrink tubing method. Id worry putting that piece of plastic between the unit and the battery cap might make it slightly less waterproof. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom