Nokta Makro Legend feedback, use, comparisons, etc

Folks , don't pay attention to these tests. If you want THE TRUTH just look at the Nokta Makro recent video on YouTube by Dilek. She also has a direct challenge to TNSS , CB and the like. Truth hurts

Yeah. KOB.
Let’s see. Go to Toyota dealer and what will they tell you.
Ours is the best, right.
Go to chevy dealer and what will they tell you.
Ours is the best right.
Go to ford dealer and what will they tell you.
Ours is the best right.

Get the point.

I share info.
And lot of what I share is reflective of what I have indeed seen in the wild using the detector.

Think about this.
Did Dilek tell anyone oh, btw use of Beach wet is better way to unmask higher conductors out of lower conductive junk by way of ID? Nope.
Why not?

I have shown with video the results.

Did Dilek tell anyone oh, btw use of Beach wet is better way to unmask higher conductors out of lower conductive junk by way of ID?

This is where the scientific method has to come in. More specifically, have others done the same test to confirm or deny your conclusion?

On a similar note, I was not able to reproduce your foil / dime results. When I did the test, the dime was detected exactly how it should be. Further to that, your foil / dime video was posted on one of the Legend's Facebook pages. A couple of people did the test, and the dime was detected as it should be.

Last edited:
This is where the scientific method has to come in. More specifically, have others done the same test to confirm or deny your conclusion?

On a similar note, I was not able to reproduce your foil / dime results. When I did the test, the dime was detected exactly how it should be. Further to that, your foil / dime video was posted on one of the Legend's Facebook pages. A couple of people did the test, and the dime was detected as it should be. One of them even resorted to putting the foil right on top of the dime, and the Legend still gave a high tone and high ID for the dime.

For some unknown reason I did those tests also and Legend ID'd as it should.

Steve

These are the kind of comments I like to read. Real life USERS of a machine. .

That's why I like You Tubers such as Paystreak, and Liam from History Revisited. Sure, they do the occasional tests and comparison, but they are dedicated hunters who are most often down on their knees, getting dirty digging countless holes, and really understanding whatever machine they're using. No one can truly understand their machine, unless they avidly hunt with it.

Speaking of dedication.

I might start a new topic of me, at night, dressed in all black, and climbing over a 7 ft fence (multiple times), to get into an old fairgrounds that is under construction and has the ground razed. My first 2 hour hunt on that site yielded 13 very old silvers and 6 large cents. I eventually got "caught", and can't go back.

For some unknown reason I did those tests also and Legend ID'd as it should.

Steve

Thanks for that Steve.

I'll add you to the list of people in which the dime was detected as it should :)

Originally Posted by KOB.

Folks , don't pay attention to these tests. If you want THE TRUTH just look at the Nokta Makro recent video on YouTube by Dilek. She also has a direct challenge to TNSS , CB and the like. Truth hurts

Yeah. KOB.
Ours is the best, right.
Ours is the best right.
Ours is the best right.

Get the point.

Are you suggesting that Dilek said the Legend is the best detector?

Hmmm, I've seen all of her videos, but I don't recall her ever saying that. In fact, she has stated numerous times that there is no perfect detector, and that all detectors have "strengths and weaknesses".

So, if that is indeed what you were suggesting, please post the evidence of such.

On a similar note, I was not able to reproduce your foil / dime results. When I did the test, the dime was detected exactly how it should be. Further to that, your foil / dime video was posted on one of the Legend's Facebook pages. A couple of people did the test, and the dime was detected as it should be. One of them even resorted to putting the foil right on top of the dime, and the Legend still gave a high tone and high ID for the dime.
Interesting to read your results on this. I won't watch his video. I'm assuming you guys are digging in dirt and wanting the dime , not the foil. I am looking for the opposite on my beach. Could care less about the dime and would rather dig foil all day ! Because on a slope or in the wet that foil will either be just that.... or pulltab , aluminum blob ...or gold.

Interesting to read your results on this. I won't watch his video. I'm assuming you guys are digging in dirt and wanting the dime , not the foil. I am looking for the opposite on my beach. Could care less about the dime and would rather dig foil all day ! Because on a slope or in the wet that foil will either be just that.... or pulltab , aluminum blob ...or gold.

I'm digging for both dimes and foil/pulltab/gold targets whether its in parks, fields or beaches.

That's what interested me about some of these tests by tnsharpshooter and CD. They are very valid tests using the static setups they have chosen. Whether they are definitive as far as actual performance in the real world is another story.

For me it all boils down to things like explaining clearly to anyone watching that the testing is dependent on the size and type of nail and foil and that the Legend or Equinox will pass the test using other nails and sizes of foil/aluminum. Instead, we get the "well, look a there" response when the Legend or Equinox fails a test

If I use just a piece of a modern oval pull tab vs dime I get one result. If I use a whole modern oval pull tab I get another. If I use just the right sized or larger piece of foil=fail. Just the right sized or smaller=pass.

Same with the nail vs dime test. I have done those two tests with many types of nails in the last 24 hours including a concrete nail. I cannot get the results to match those shown by tnsharpshooter. Like he said, his results with the concrete nail he is using speak for themselves.....

However, watching some of these videos could lead an unsuspecting Legend owner to the conclusion that the Legend and/or the Equinox stink in modern aluminum trash and around nails. They don't.

If the Legend had a serious target separation issue, I wouldn't be finding gold rings, silver rings and almost $400 in clad since I got my Legend back in March and I have almost exclusively used my Legend for modern aluminum trashed park hunting using the 11" coil. I deliberately have used it in heavily trashed areas where there are multiple co-located aluminum/steel targets in every swing. It has done very well. I actually prefer it to the Equinox for cherry picking higher conductor US clad/silver and especially for nickels since there are way less aluminum targets that also share the nickel target IDs. I like Deus 2 for the same type of areas too. I just wish I could set more than three notches using Deus 2.

I like all three detectors very much, which is why I watch some of David’s videos testing all three. I always learn something.

I know I complained about the lack of “unlimited” single digit notching on Deus 2.

All I can say is it is great to have three detectors like Equinox, Legend and Deus 2 where notching actually stays very accurate even in the mineralized dirt I hunt in down to about 7”. I definitely wouldn’t recommend notching at some beaches or for really deep targets with these three, but they sure do better than single frequency VLFs where I live. Trying to use notching on an X-Terra, Kruzer/Racer or Deus 1 was a complete failure out here unless the target was basically on the surface.

Last edited:
Yeah. KOB.
Ours is the best, right.
Ours is the best right.
Ours is the best right.

Get the point.

I share info.
And lot of what I share is reflective of what I have indeed seen in the wild using the detector.

Think about this.
Did Dilek tell anyone oh, btw use of Beach wet is better way to unmask higher conductors out of lower conductive junk by way of ID? Nope.
Why not?

You can't be serious. You must think you're the smartest man in the world. If you're going to use that analogy , why don't you do that ? I think you have a nice Toyota truck. Start testing and tearing that thing down. Piece by piece. Make videos and you got a new subscriber. But no....I subscribe to Consumer Reports and they have excellent reviews on products I'm thinking of buying. Highly rated and trusted. YOU are not. YOU are NOT the Consumer Reports of metal detectors. Nice try !

I made the mistake of watching the video. I won't do that again.

Think about this.
Why not?

This is an interesting use of Beach Wet.

It is definitely more sensitive to higher conductive targets and less sensitive to lower conductive targets of similar sizes. Unfortunately for land hunters.....it won't ground balance well (if at all) on moderate to high mineralized dirt.

It also will absolutely miss smaller low conductive targets like micro gold jewelry and small chains unless they are basically touching the coil and sensitivity is maxed similar to the Diving mode on Deus 2.

I could see using it for cherry picking very shallow coin sized high conductors on land in extremely thick aluminum trash if all else failed.

What was this thread about?

tnsharpshooter and his testing of the Legend. I believe he welcomed comments too.

The first post said "My unit should arrive today. Will share data using this unit.
Other folks feel free to share your data. Ask questions,,etc."

That introductory statement in the first post did not include personal attacks on tnsharpshooter. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be able to avoid that stuff anymore.

This is an interesting use of Beach Wet.

It is definitely more sensitive to higher conductive targets and less sensitive to lower conductive targets of similar sizes.

My guess is that BW is using 4 khz and 10 khz.

I’m not much for testing much ,with work my time is limited and truth is I don’t get out like I usto.. Wish I could but it’s just not in my cards right now..But I live across from a old church that I beat up for well over 10 years,,and the legend with 6 inch coil surprised me tonight that it could find anything,let alone silver left..I’m running 1.08,I don’t ground balance for that reason but it runs smooth that way..I almost sold both of my legends over these videos pointing out potential flaws that really don’t seem to matter in real world hunting..glad I kept one..

Attachments

• B68037DB-2CA7-4DD1-AB89-B93AF2B84535.jpg
    B68037DB-2CA7-4DD1-AB89-B93AF2B84535.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 85
  • A6CE4E83-A07D-4CE5-8454-9C7A74DAD158.jpg
    A6CE4E83-A07D-4CE5-8454-9C7A74DAD158.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 78
  • D5F10051-EF0D-45D0-B307-9A7DA8633B5B.jpg
    D5F10051-EF0D-45D0-B307-9A7DA8633B5B.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom