Some here’s have said VLF detector tech has reached its limits

Change... I started detecting 1979. Had a A.H. Electronic VLF/TR detector. I only knew 1 or 2 people in the whole county that had detectors. Talk about undetected, digging Mercury dimes 2 inch's deep everywhere. That TR did 2 inches at it's best, no more.
Moved on to a 5000D Series 2 Whites detector in 1980. A world of difference with motion Ground balance and a wide range of discrimination.
Today, still White's MXT Pro, should be my last detector as I'm a short timer. I don't much do forums anymore seem to be a "Sales pitch" in posts. I find "Big bucks" for a little plastic case with a cell phone circuit board inside a bit pricy. Plenty of profit in them.
Actual detecting has changed, You still have the people running out and paying the big money and off to the local ball parks. I couldn't tell you what the last clad coin was that I found, My last coins found were a 1788 Connecticut cent with a U.S. half cent 6 inches away. Then 8 Indianhead pennies close to that. Civil war bullets every time I go out.
Like many People on the "Tube" it's low/no discrimination, sensitivity high as you can tolerate. Fairly simple. So reading threads of programing a dozen settings makes me wonder if any of them are doing anything but clad/zinc. Just my two large cents worth of advice.

I believe his problem is with his health. He is not able to dig a lot. The Etrac allows him to cherry pick good targets better than the Equinox has. At max depth the Etrac gives him more info.

Nailed it longbow.

I guess I'd say, in my experience, nothing is able to cherry pick deep silver, even in iron than the E-Trac.

Back
Top Bottom