Bottles, rocks, war quarter!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Went foraging for old bottles and rocks today. I picked a handful of stones to tumble this winter, a few bottles, jar lid liners, and another marked crock shard for my weird collection. Nothing too spectacular, really, but while scratching some hillside dirt, I uncovered a '43 GW silver quarter! Fun day before the snow took over.

Attachments

• DSCN3641.jpg
    DSCN3641.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN3642.jpg
    DSCN3642.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 355
  • DSCN3643.jpg
    DSCN3643.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 339
  • DSCN3646.jpg
    DSCN3646.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 326
Nice assortment of bottles! Milks are always cool to find. They may have 2-digit dates on the bottoms stamped very lightly, but not always. Same for pop bottles.

You're gonna have to do something about that s-n-o-w though!:grin:

Thanks guys. The three milk bottles are unbranded. Not sure which, if the numbers on the bottoms are dates. The soda is Mission Dry Corps, as embossed on the bottom, but the printed label is gone. Then, there is a Ball bottle I thought unusual, a plain cork top medicine, big amber Watkins, small amber whiskey"has had no peers for 50 years", and a couple more little ones. The ravine was used as dump site from several places. I believe there are some older dumps in there. I hope to spend more time there, but its not convenient.

Back
Top Bottom