Diamond Testers

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
Who all here uses a diamond tester (affiliate link) to confirm the stones (if there are any) when you find a ring? Has it ever confirmed a diamond on a ring (maybe silver or tungsten) that you thought wouldn't have a real diamond in it? Thanks!

Last edited:
The inexpensive ones can tell you if a stone is not a diamond but can't tell you it is a diamond for sure. I used a friend's once, it was fake..

I bought one last year. Works great. I've only found one ring with a real diamond, all others have been cubic zirconia or other. None of the silver rings had real diamonds. Only the 14k gold ring had a real stone. There was supposed to be two on it but one was missing.
I found a gold ring marked 21k. Beautiful with six stones in a butterfly pattern. All fake! :?:
I tested all my wifes diamonds with it too. Was glad when they all tested good! :D

I have one of those inexpensive diamond testers. Found a beautiful 14k gold ring with multiple stones. They all tested as diamonds. Took it to a local jewelry store and the girl tested them with their expensive tester and said yes those are diamonds and of very high quality.

Some time later I was talking to a jeweler and he wanted to look at the ring. Tested for diamonds and they passed the test. He then tested for moissanite and they tested positive. Later I had another jeweler test the stones and her findings were the same. So the tester can certainly be wrong.

I have taken a few items over to the pawn shop to have tested. They do not buy individual stones. So I'm confident they tell me the truth. All fake.

I use one as seen in the picture. It seems to work sufficiently although I have found diamonds, they have not been any big diamonds. I have also confirmed with the local jewelry shop when needed.

Back
Top Bottom