Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 04-03-2021, 06:33 PM
Supporter

Default In Moorseville N.C. until 4/10

Anyone in North/south Carolina's want to go detecting? I'm from out west and not sure how to find old spots when I'm out here back east.

I am willing to drive quite a ways, night/day/middle of night anything works

shoot me a ring or text,

thx

Mike

2021, 5 Spanish Reales', 8 seated coins

CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Carrot & Lesche tools and beer(miller lite)

Old 04-04-2021, 06:46 PM
Elite Member

I am a fellow westerner (AZ native) here for 3 months. Volunteering at Moore's Creek National Battlefield. A few hours from you. I have been here a week and still trying to get a good permission. I hit an old river crossing park a couple days ago with little luck. Still talking to everyone I meet, looking for sites to hunt. Hit me back if you want to try to put a hunt together.

Old 04-04-2021, 06:52 PM

your literally an hour and a half from both myself and Digitdude...send him a message... he has many more permissions than i do, I am a park, old homesite hunter... he also runs the 3030, I'm an E-trac guy, but I do drink Miller lite! fridge is stocked!

ETA: I don't text, but Jeremy does...

Old 04-04-2021, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by azdirtdigger View post
I am a fellow westerner (AZ native) here for 3 months. Volunteering at Moore's Creek National Battlefield. A few hours from you. I have been here a week and still trying to get a good permission. I hit an old river crossing park a couple days ago with little luck. Still talking to everyone I meet, looking for sites to hunt. Hit me back if you want to try to put a hunt together.

your a bit east of myself and digitdude... but read post above... funny how in my late teens and twenties I lived in both CA and AZ.... paradise valley AZ is still the best place I have ever lived... just outside scottsdale.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:26 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Max houser View post
your a bit east of myself and digitdude... but read post above... funny how in my late teens and twenties I lived in both CA and AZ.... paradise valley AZ is still the best place I have ever lived... just outside scottsdale.
Hi Max, I know Paradise Valley well. It is East Valley. I grew up in Sunnyslope in the West Valley.

I used an Etrac for years, really liked it. I'm swinging a CTX 3030 now.

The wife and I travel full time now and whenever we stop in an area for a while I try to meet up with locals for a hunt or two. I have met some really good people all over the country that way.

Wish you guys were closer.