Bullet casing?

CChucKK

Hello -
I dug what looks like a copper rimfire bullet casing. It has no markings. It measures 11 mm (0.43") high (very short), with a base diameter of 10 mm (0.39"). It has no flang (rim) around the bottom and bottom is smooth (not center fire). Found on my property in Northern Canada in an area that was prospected circa 1905. I have looked around at various casing databases but can't find anything similar - lack of any markings doesn't help. NE1 seen anything similar or have an idea what type of bullet this is or gun it would have been fired from?
Thanks
CChucKK

Attachments

• Bulletresized.jpg
    Bulletresized.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 196
I got an answer in another forum - it is a modern era bullet jacket - not a bullet casing as evidenced by the lack of a base-ring.
Cheers
CChucKK

I got an answer in another forum - it is a modern era bullet jacket - not a bullet casing as evidenced by the lack of a base-ring.
Cheers
CChucKK

I'm guessing maybe 40 S&W.... but if the mouth is smaller tha the 10mm case then 357 Sig perhaps. And there's a possibility it's the rarer 10mm which is the longer parent of both the former cartridges.

I'm guessing maybe 40 S&W.... but if the mouth is smaller tha the 10mm case then 357 Sig perhaps. And there's a possibility it's the rarer 10mm which is the longer parent of both the former cartridges.

Thanks!

@Chuck

I dont know if you read my thread about a .30 USA (.30-40 Krag) case I found in my front yard but that is somewhere in the Stories about Finds forum from a couple weeks ago if you're interested. I had to go to TheHighRoad.com to get answers about that.

Back
Top Bottom