V nickel, injuns and my first silver spoon

Congrats on your first silver spoon and the coins with the guy's with feathered bonnets Matmit.:lol:

Last edited:
Nice! Still looking for my first sterling spoon after 5 1/2 years! Way to wrangle up them INJUNS Mat, your tribe is really growing!

Congrats on the sterling spoon and the other finds.
Thank you sir
Congrats on your first silver spoon and the coins with the guy's with feathered bonnets Matmit.:lol:
Native American cents:lol::laughing:
Nice! Still looking for my first sterling spoon after 5 1/2 years! Way to wrangle up them INJUNS Mat, your tribe is really growing!
I couldn't have said it BETTER myself:lol:
Nice find, the mark is for Manchester Manufacturing out of Providence, RI.

http://www.silvercollection.it/AMERICANSILVERMARKSMN.html
Thanks, in business from 1904 - 1914:yes:

Now nobody mention what these are, you might sound bigoted and ignorant!

serveimage

Now nobody mention what these are, you might sound bigoted and ignorant!

serveimage

LOL! Emm nothing better than a redskin saluted and steamed! Mattmit love the first man! That's a lot of spoons you've collected and injuns are always fun to find! I'm siting at four for my tribe thus far. My first spoon was a very ornate cool one second a junker and third a silver plated. Perhaps the next will be a junker then a pure silver? Congrats on awesome finds as always. That woman's face on the V nickle is in bad shape! Should consider posting that spoon here too https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=133808

Here you go Geronimo. :grin: This better? :lol:

serveimage

Not really. The issue isn't so much their name as it is their mascot. Switch it over to the potato you just posted and the problem is solved.

But even if we run with the point you're trying to make, it still doesn't work. "Redskins" is that team's actual name, so referring to them as such doesn't make anyone look ignorant or bigoted. The same, however, cannot be said for whoever it is who has the authority to change the name/mascot but chooses not to.

None of this is the same as referring to an IHP as an "injun," however. Let's look it another way. How would I come across if I started referring to any Mexican peso coin I happen to find as a "wetback" instead? I'd look like an ignorant bigot, to say the least. That is, if I was even able to get away with speaking like that in the first place. The same applies to referring to an IHP as an "injun."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ugh!

Our beloved college basketball team was once the Marquette Warriors.
Then some namby-pamby pantywaists decided that was offensive!
Even some local indian tribes were in favor of the name, as it called attention to their great history.

Now they are the Marquette Golden Eagles.
(I hope the bald eagle is not offended:lol:)

Not really. The issue isn't so much their name as it is their mascot. Switch it over to the potato you just posted and the problem is solved.

But even if we run with the point you're trying to make, it still doesn't work. "Redskins" is that team's actual name, so referring to them as such doesn't make anyone look ignorant or bigoted. The same, however, cannot be said for whoever it is who has the authority to change the name/mascot but chooses not to.

None of this is the same as referring to an IHP as an "injun," however. Let's look it another way. How would I come across if I started referring to any Mexican peso coin I happen to find as a "wetback" instead? I'd look like an ignorant bigot, to say the least. That is, if I was even able to get away with speaking like that in the first place. The same applies to referring to an IHP as an "injun."

Perfectly acceptable if you found the peso in the USA. Now if you found it in Mexico, it would be inappropriate. Hopefully, soon they won't be known as "wetbacks", but rather, "wall climbers". :D

CJC, I think my head would look like it was going to explode like yours if I thought your way too. Please give it up. Your argument is what is wrong with our country. Look at the pansies we are creating in America.

Oh no!!! He said pansies! We can't say that word. Oh my goodness, what was I thinking?

CJC, I think my head would look like it was going to explode like yours if I thought your way too. Please give it up. Your argument is what is wrong with our country. Look at the pansies we are creating in America.

Oh no!!! He said pansies! We can't say that word. Oh my goodness, what was I thinking?

I think you may be confused. Because you seem to be under the impression that I was/am offended. That just isn't the case. My only point throughout this entire conversation has first been that using such words makes one look like an idiot, and that I was surprised such language was permitted here, when other words, that are NOT associated with bigotry, are not.

With that said, how is what I've said "what's wrong with our country?"

Great finds! Political correctness is way overrated! Liberal heads explode when people say things like injuns.....and probably just seeing a picture of a Redskin's player. Good times!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ugh!

Our beloved college basketball team was once the Marquette Warriors.
Then some namby-pamby pantywaists decided that was offensive!
Even some local indian tribes were in favor of the name, as it called attention to their great history.

Now they are the Marquette Golden Eagles.
(I hope the bald eagle is not offended[emoji38])
That sounds a lot like what happened to the Fighting Sioux........they are now the Fighting Hawks.....lame.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey Matmit, sorry for being part of hijacking your post. Those kind of people really set me off.

Just wanted to say nice finds. I hope someone finds some more information on that spoon. That's a good one.

I'm envious, here in the west those kind of pickings are really hard to find.

Thanks for sharing.

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but you seem to think that I've taken offense to OP's choice of words. I haven't. I'm just surprised that such language is allowed here while general swear words (even the super tame ones) get censored. But my main point wasn't that I find the language offensive, it was that the usage of such language makes the user come across as an ignorant bigot.

Your replies make you come across as an overly sensitive PC cop...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom