Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Clubs, Hunts, and Events

Old 08-15-2022, 10:47 PM
Supporter

Default Trash Bash 2022

I've created a fun event that will take place in Michigan and will be a good example of stewardship for the hobby, properly titled - Trash Bash

Event Mission - To bring as many metal detectorists together as possible to help scan the beach for trash (and treasure of course), digging & picking up EVERYTHING we find with both our metal detectors as well as eyes.

Yes… even plastic and non-metallic items that we visually see will be picked up and weighed! OHHH… and even if you don’t metal detect, you’re welcome to come out and help us BASH the TRASH out of the beach using your “Eyetrac.”

I would be thrilled to see other detecting clubs take on this concept and even event name so much so that I think it would be awesome to coordinate it where all metal detecting clubs hosted their Trash Bashes on the same date as a type of national metal detecting event.

Thoughts??
Attached Images

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:48 AM

I would be thrilled to see other detecting clubs take on this concept and even event name so much so that I think it would be awesome to coordinate it where all metal detecting clubs hosted their Trash Bashes on the same date as a type of national metal detecting event.

I actually love this idea!! may help with gaining permissions as well if a club is known for doing good for the community. Great idea!!

Old 08-17-2022, 01:16 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by C&SDiggers View post

I actually love this idea!! may help with gaining permissions as well if a club is known for doing good for the community. Great idea!!
^^^^^
I second that ! A great idea Swing4The Ring, with nothing but positives for the hobby and the community ... Great eye-catching poster too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT E-Series, Spectrum XLT (Rainbow), Garrett Propointer II, Killer Bee Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger, Root Slayer NOMAD digger

Old 08-18-2022, 09:16 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by C&SDiggers View post

Appreciate the support!

Originally Posted by jimther View post
^^^^^
I second that ! A great idea Swing4The Ring, with nothing but positives for the hobby and the community ... Great eye-catching poster too.
I thought so too!

Old 09-04-2022, 10:54 AM
Elite Member

Love this idea, and great PR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Instagram @dirt.fishing.adventures

Old 09-16-2022, 12:31 PM

Awesome idea!

Old 09-16-2022, 12:55 PM

Great idea. I don't know how I missed this earlier. How did it go?

Tags
events, metal detecting event, michigan, trash bash