Last Time You Actually Used Wired HPS?

I was the most miserable after getting my first Equinox, the 600, and actually used those ratty wired HPs. It seemed to snag on absolutely everything! Once I went wireless, I never looked back, BUT I have a collection of fine wired HPs here. Grey Ghosts, SunRays, and more. They are stored but hasn't been plugged in, at all, in years. To be honest and fair though, I don't have a days of hunt time with the factory wireless phones which came with my Equinox 800. Those wireless phones are slow, not crisp, and danged!!! Minelab is sure proud of them in the pricing.

There is so many good choices of wireless out there, definitely low loss and crisp. If I felt a need for a wired pair of phone, all I'd need to do it blow the dust off of my collection. Those wired headphones, which ML sent with the Equinox 600, is the worst!

Just curious; so what wireless headphones do you use with your nox...that are better than the ML ones that come with the nox?

Never liked being tethered to my detector by a headphone wire. Was so much better to go wireless with my nox 800. Had occasional connection problems with them that annoyed me so much I tried using the WM08. This solved the connection issues, but then the long wire to the WM08 got to be annoying. Now I have a shorter, coiled wire from headphones to the WM08.(bought at Goodwill I think) I keep the module in a pocket or clipped onto a pocket, and all is well. Great "wireless" connection. I don't feel tethered this way. Also, I can and do use a variety of headphones now with the wireless module.

This is what I also resorted to doing. I lost faith in wireless .

Just curious; so what wireless headphones do you use with your nox...that are better than the ML ones that come with the nox?

TROND TD-BH01 Low Latency Headphones. They are exactly the same ergonomically as the ML 80s but with crisper and faster performance than the factory phones and tons cheaper. I stocked up with a second pair a long while ago, still brand new in the box. The original pair I've had for years, has had a couple of physical repairs from my intense use and dropping sometime, but still work perfect. Tons of hours of use. I was surprised to find that Amazon sells them today for $22. That is a bargain IMO.

Never liked being tethered to my detector by a headphone wire. Was so much better to go wireless with my nox 800. Had occasional connection problems with them that annoyed me so much I tried using the WM08. This solved the connection issues, but then the long wire to the WM08 got to be annoying. Now I have a shorter, coiled wire from headphones to the WM08.(bought at Goodwill I think) I keep the module in a pocket or clipped onto a pocket, and all is well. Great "wireless" connection. I don't feel tethered this way. Also, I can and do use a variety of headphones now with the wireless module.

My experience with the WM-08 was that the hookup link dropped out on me a lot, depending on how I turned in stride. One day with that thing was enough. jm2c

My experience with the WM-08 was that the hookup link dropped out on me a lot, depending on how I turned in stride. One day with that thing was enough. jm2c

This issue has been discussed before, but never happens to me. I put the module in a shirt pocket, clipped on my pants pocket, or sometimes inside a pants pocket, or if I'm wearing my coat, it goes in the coat pocket. Only drops signal if I walk more than ~15 feet away from the detector, and always comes back by the time I get back to the detector. I switch between left and right hand detecting too, with no loss of signal. I question the manufacturing consistency, but not sure what's going on with this.
Thanks for info on the cheap headphones too!

This issue has been discussed before, but never happens to me. I put the module in a shirt pocket, clipped on my pants pocket, or sometimes inside a pants pocket, or if I'm wearing my coat, it goes in the coat pocket. Only drops signal if I walk more than ~15 feet away from the detector, and always comes back by the time I get back to the detector. I switch between left and right hand detecting too, with no loss of signal. I question the manufacturing consistency, but not sure what's going on with this.
Thanks for info on the cheap headphones too!

Mine back then became scratchy and "dippy" when I circled around in different directions, so I simply couldn't trust it. It is so much easier to just slap on low loss wireless headphones. I still have the module. Basically brand new except for time left in the closet. Maybe I had a weak unit. I just had to be able to trust it and I couldn't.

TROND TD-BH01 Low Latency Headphones. They are exactly the same ergonomically as the ML 80s but with crisper and faster performance than the factory phones and tons cheaper. I stocked up with a second pair a long while ago, still brand new in the box. The original pair I've had for years, has had a couple of physical repairs from my intense use and dropping sometime, but still work perfect. Tons of hours of use. I was surprised to find that Amazon sells them today for $22. That is a bargain IMO.

I had a pair of the Trond headphones and had the same observation about them being similar in design to the ML80s, but brighter audio. However, they stopped taking a charge after about a year. (They still work if I connect an audio cable and use them wired.)

I was going to buy another pair since they were relatively cheap, but I haven't seen an in-stock listing for them in a long time.

I had originally bought them to use with my Explorer 2. I had bought the Trond Bluetooth receiver/transmitter and it still works great.

I had a pair of the Trond headphones and had the same observation about them being similar in design to the ML80s, but brighter audio. However, they stopped taking a charge after about a year. (They still work if I connect an audio cable and use them wired.)

I was going to buy another pair since they were relatively cheap, but I haven't seen an in-stock listing for them in a long time.

I had originally bought them to use with my Explorer 2. I had bought the Trond Bluetooth receiver/transmitter and it still works great.

I couldn't find them again yesterday or today either. Maybe I missed seeing "Not available" in that first add I quickly found before my first post. My old first pair still work fine after all of the time I have used them. They just keep right on ticking. The new backup set I have in storage tests fine, but they haven't been on a single hunt in the field, just tested in my coin garden once every few months.

The second set was about $35 as I remember. They were like double that elsewhere then. Mine were labeled "open box" whatever that really means. I enjoy backup spares on devices I really like.

I still use wired headphones with my AT Pro, but that cord is a pain sometimes in the woods. But there's no way I'm paying $100 or more for Z-Lynk wireless. I also have long stretches where I don't use headphones at all, so spending that kind of money seems like a waste to me.

I never use headphones any more but I'm out in the country where it's quiet.

But this thread got me to thinking, do any of the detectors pair up with hearing aids?

Got a friend who talks on his phone thru his. Don't know why they wouldn't work with detectors.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom