Amphibians with Nox are Quiet

Diggum

Elite Member
With a recent eBay coupon, I purchased a set of GG Amphibians for my Equinox. They arrived on Saturday, and I tried them out yesterday at a tot lot. I could barely hear them! Turning up the volume on the Nox and the headphones gave me enough muddy audio that I could hunt, but there's no way that this set-up is going to work for water detecting. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to figure out if it's the Nox that's the problem, or if it's the headphones? I was thinking I could plug the headphones into something (looks like a fairly standard 1/8" jack), but I don't think I have anything with enough power output to make them sound "normal". Can I plug a regular set of headphones into the Nox jack, and try that?

Are those someones home made plug jobs?
When I first made mine they where quiet so I played around with the wires and got them loud enough that I actually turn the volume down some on the head phones unless in the surf.

Are those someones home made plug jobs?
When I first made mine they where quiet so I played around with the wires and got them loud enough that I actually turn the volume down some on the head phones unless in the surf.

I purchased these from a fairly well known online metal detecting company, so I'm expecting them to be from the factory. They also came with the factory warranty.

I'll compare the plug against a standard plug, and see if they are identical, then try a regular set of headphones, if so... I'll update this thread once I've done that.

Thanks!

Bought a pair of Anker blue tooth bud's used them all day with the 600 they worked well. I like the buds when cold weather can pull my cap over them.

The ones I bought for my 800 work great and I'm hearing impaired. I haven't got to use them underwater yet just wading so far. do you have the WM800 module? if so, you could use it with a pair of wired headphones and check the volume.

I plugged in a regular set of ear buds, and they are much louder and clearer than my Amphis. I contacted DetectorPro, and am sending them in this week. I was hoping there would be some way to avoid this, but I know that when I get them back, they'll be right. DetectorPro has AWESOME customer service!

I plugged in a regular set of ear buds, and they are much louder and clearer than my Amphis. I contacted DetectorPro, and am sending them in this week. I was hoping there would be some way to avoid this, but I know that when I get them back, they'll be right. DetectorPro has AWESOME customer service!

glad you found the problem. HH

Back
Top Bottom