Tesoro compadre depth question

Well guys took it out today I had great results found a bunch of brass cow tags a sterling silver spoon and a buffalo nickel I like it much better than my Garrett and results from the Tesoro were much different in real world conditions
My deepest target today was 9" thank you everyone

Well guys took it out today I had great results found a bunch of brass cow tags a sterling silver spoon and a buffalo nickel I like it much better than my Garrett and results from the Tesoro were much different in real world conditions

CongratZ.
This is why many believe air tests don't carry the weight that others seem to depend on.
They are ok for certain things, testing out targets for VDI numbers and others but depth is one of those things that might be accurate or it could be way different in the real world than when you test detectors in your home.
9" on a target is great, the first of many.

Congrats! You'll be glad you got it. Be glad you did before you read all those "reasons not to" :laughing:

Just to chime in on the cross pendant question
Most cross/crucifix pendants don’t give the best signals
Eddy currents that detectors use aren’t as strong
on that shape as they are with a coin or ring.
Same goes for chains.

It really is good,Somtimes when I look at my tape measure and pull it out to the 8 inch mark and think,man that’s pretty deep.I know 99 percent of my best finds weren’t anywhere near that deep,maybe six inches at best.I guess that’s why I think depth is really overrated.And then I watch videos,and guys are pulling these outstanding old coins out,and I look at the hole and it’s like 6 inches deep at best.i know it’s not just me then.

it is overrated!..been at this for over 35 years here in new england ,and most of anything good i have dug has been around 4" to 6",maybe 7" tops! these are 'consistent" depths from year to year,and even though i don't hunt outside new england,i believe there is an element of truth in what you say.i'm talking everything from ww2 silver to 300 year old coppers,and everything in between.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I’ve been using two 8” compadres for a few years maybe 4. I really like them and feel like they do a good job especially on gold. I have had some times, in some parks, where the nickels don’t sound as clean a target as I felt they should have (maybe depth or the soil composition), and also sometimes at the ocean beaches where deep green quarters (possibly in moist sand) don’t sound super sharp, so in both those instances I will dig the more iffy signals. Especially at the beach, or especially if a coin comes up from the park from a less that BAM! signal.

I sometimes do wonder if a larger coil would help go deeper, or a newer machine like the Nox6/800. One day I hope to get one, but until then, having fun with my Compadres!

All but one of my golds all Compadre finds.
I have a Compadre with the 8" coil, it bangs on every target that I planted to learn my Legend. One target is a silver dollar at 9" in Florida soil AKA sand.

Back
Top Bottom