What pinpointer are you guys using with nox?

basstrackerman

Elite Member
Just curious as to which pinpointer everyone is using with the nox? I have the Fisher F-pulse and I get alot of chatter.. I've tried every frequency shift the pinpointer has and can't seem to find a happy spot.. there are times I can tell it's silent emi talk between it and detector because it stops detecting targets or just loses alot of it's depth unless I shut off my nox 600 then it's fine again.. I also have the minelab pro-find 35 which works really good with any detector I've tried it with. No chatter at all.. I have not tried the Garrett propointer AT yet.. thanks

How do you like your pro-find 35? I really like mine seems to work great. Any issues?

It works well. No issues to speak of. I’ve tried a bunch of different pin pointers but for whatever reason I always find myself reaching for the Garrett Carrot most often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bought a F -pulse, absolutely hate it, constant run away chatter. I think the Mars pointer for $90 is the best pointer out there. It never falses and works every time out with no fuss.

In the past I have not needed a pinpointer , but pinpointing with the nox whether with the pinpoint function or wiggle back method is not as accurate......its not terrible , just not as precise as I am used to. I can now see I am gonna have to get a decent pinpointer somehow.

Yeah I never used a pinpointer from 1978 til around mid 2000's or so. But now I like them and won't stop lol. May have to go back to Garrett propointer. Although my minelab profind works great so far..

I read somewhere to make sure the F-Pulse is on when you perform the noise cancel on the Equinox.

I have been doing that, and I have not had any problems in the short time I have owned both.

Just curious as to which pinpointer everyone is using with the nox? I have the Fisher F-pulse and I get alot of chatter.. I've tried every frequency shift the pinpointer has and can't seem to find a happy spot.. there are times I can tell it's silent emi talk between it and detector because it stops detecting targets or just loses alot of it's depth unless I shut off my nox 600 then it's fine again.. I also have the minelab pro-find 35 which works really good with any detector I've tried it with. No chatter at all.. I have not tried the Garrett propointer AT yet.. thanks

Is the pinpointer on or off when you get the chatter / silent treatment from the Equinox? I use the carrot but only turn it on to scan a hole after it's been dug, off the rest of the time and don't have any issues

Tested all my pinpointers out on various hunts. No issues with Whites TRX, Garrett carrot or Minelab Pro find 25. :grin:

Ok Carl on the other forum answered my question. Seems the f-pulse and the equinox are similar and will not do well together for the most part..he says it will work with single frequency detectors.. I will try to noise cancel detector with pinpointer on and see how that works.. also I never keep any pinpointer on . Only time I turn it on is to scan hole... Thanks guys.

My TRX was causing chatter on my nox today when it (the TRX) was signaling on a target. When it wasn't beeping, no chatter. I don't think I noticed this before. I was hunting in field 2 which is not my usual mode.

In the past I have not needed a pinpointer , but pinpointing with the nox whether with the pinpoint function or wiggle back method is not as accurate......its not terrible , just not as precise as I am used to. I can now see I am gonna have to get a decent pinpointer somehow.

You have no idea how many years I said the same thing about a pinpointer. I finally bought a Garrett carrot and now I'll never be without one again. I kind of agree with you about the Nox pin pointing though. Maybe with more time using the machine it will be better.

Back
Top Bottom