I rescued a human today.

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering
apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I
had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't
be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident
I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't
been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I
didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my
past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a
difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved
my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her.
Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for
companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all
would be well. Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright
that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her
safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do
everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are
out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved.
At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.

If I ever were to get another dog, it would come from a shelter. I likely won't, because if I had another stroke, the dog might not be checked in on and might suffer because of it. I don't have a lot of family left around to check on me.

--Tom

If I ever were to get another dog, it would come from a shelter. I likely won't, because if I had another stroke, the dog might not be checked in on and might suffer because of it. I don't have a lot of family left around to check on me.

--Tom

I understand fully.

Nice Rudy.... reminded me of my rescue earlier this year...

Thanks Craig, I remember your rescue.

Little story , never rescued a dog before , they are very picky , most recently one of my x girlfriends from the 90s tried , they red flagged her , the other x , they refused because she didn't have a fenced in yard on 2 acres , I am very happy that I got my dog from a breeder , downside is have to get him fixed per breeder required , AKC BS to is a waste of money , bought French green beans tonight , he has been eating grass & pukes once in a while , signs are low in fiber , my dog food is only 4% , green beans , pumpkin, are good for raising fiber & now his stools are solid , when its snow cones out , they are low in fiber , another thing is they could also be de-hydrated , something Craig should watch out for , as he takes his dog out in the heat ,been giving him up to 10 blueberries for two days , high in fiber & vitamins , I love Storm , nothing wrong with the pound , if you find the right dog to adopt , Earl

Attachments

• P1010617.jpg
    P1010617.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 124
Little story , never rescued a dog before , they are very picky , most recently one of my x girlfriends from the 90s tried , they red flagged her , the other x , they refused because she didn't have a fenced in yard on 2 acres , I am very happy that I got my dog from a breeder , downside is have to get him fixed per breeder required , AKC BS to is a waste of money , bought French green beans tonight , he has been eating grass & pukes once in a while , signs are low in fiber , my dog food is only 4% , green beans , pumpkin, are good for raising fiber & now his stools are solid , when its snow cones out , they are low in fiber , another thing is they could also be de-hydrated , something Craig should watch out for , as he takes his dog out in the heat ,been giving him up to 10 blueberries for two days , high in fiber & vitamins , I love Storm , nothing wrong with the pound , if you find the right dog to adopt , Earl

You made it! :yes:

Whatever the reason, most experts believe it's okay to let your dog eat grass. But they do suggest a couple of caveats: If the grass is eaten in gulps and your dog vomits, or there is a sudden increase in grass eating, it's time to talk with your veterinarian.

Rescue dogs are the best friends ever , had mine now 11 years , vet thinks he was around 3 when we got him from a police dog pound down in Arkansas. He hoped right in the truck with me, and the wife rode right between us about 7 hours home to Missouri. He just like me has more gray hair , not quite as fast as he once was , but we spend a lot of quality time together. He often goes detecting with me if it is a place i can bring him. He loves to ride in my truck anywhere i can bring him along.

Plenty

To learn Rudy , I find Storm has 10 times the energy as me , afraid to admit I'm slowing down , out of shape & must find an inner strength :(

I rescued a human today.

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering
apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I
had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't
be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident
I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't
been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I
didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my
past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a
difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved
my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her.
Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for
companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all
would be well. Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright
that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her
safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do
everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are
out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved.
At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.

Love that passage. I rescued a Male Brittany Spaniel. One day I was stooping down taking a picture of him on a trail in the woods and then he burst by me only to attack another dog that was creeping up on my back since I was facing my dog to get a picture.

Attachments

• boothsmallcharging.jpg
    boothsmallcharging.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom