Does NOX Park 1 mask gold??

landuse

This might seem like a noob question, but I am confused. Maybe you NOX users can help me out.

The default settings for Park 1 state that common aluminium foil-like targets are discriminated against. Seeing as a lot of gold falls in this foil region.....wouldn't this default Park 1 setting be a bad choice if you want to find rings?

Am I just reading this wrong? Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 345
It is notching 1 and 2. That would likely mask chains. Rings and such probably higher than 1 or 2. It also sets iron bias to 2/6 vs 0 for Park 2.

BCD

Park 1 is a good option in highly
contaminated parks. Rejecting Target IDs 1
and 2 (or higher if the unwanted aluminum
is larger in size)

Even my smallest gold ring comes in around 5 if I'm remembering correctly. I'd say you'd be fine getting gold rings in park1. You may miss a gold chain, but if you're gonna dig a lot of 1 and 2 IDs you better be prepared for a lot of gum wrappers and such.

This might seem like a noob question, but I am confused. Maybe you NOX users can help me out.

The default settings for Park 1 state that common aluminium foil-like targets are discriminated against. Seeing as a lot of gold falls in this foil region.....wouldn't this default Park 1 setting be a bad choice if you want to find rings?

Am I just reading this wrong? Thanks for the help

Alright I will answer based on pure use and testing of the detector.
First none of the following detect modes notch out gold rings. Factory disc settings used.

Park1
Park 2
Field 1
Field 2.

All will find gold rings.
Some of the detect modes somethings better than the others.

For higher conductive coin hunting in modern trash.
Both park 1 and field 1 have big time advantage over the other 2 detect modes I've listed here.

Park 2 from may accounts and even folks with milder ground suggest it is deepest mode of the 4 listed on both low and higher conductors.

Airtest may show different though.

Field 2 seems to thrive in polluted ferrous sites.

Now if you review factory disc settings on a few of the detect modes above, you will notice a small bit of disc is added vs the other detect modes, hence these detect modes with factory disc could indeed miss a gold chain, or a piece of micro jewelry, and even a higher/mid or lower conductive at fringe depth detectable depths. You can change the disc settings if you like. Coke in sites seem was the real driver for how field 2 was set up with factory disc levels.
Park 1 is set up like it is so real small foil is not picked up (nuisance targets with sound).

Now field 2 and park 2 have higher odds of picking up deeper smaller gold or other smaller lower conductors. Because they are weighted freq wise to the high side vs park 1 and field 1.

Soil mineralization can affect, and cause a higher weighted freq wise detect mode to be better for performance depending on target's size, conductivity levels. And this assumes no ferrous object or nonferrous object masking going on with a desirable target.

Alright I will answer based on pure use and testing of the detector.
First none of the following detect modes notch out gold rings. Factory disc settings used.

Park1
Park 2
Field 1
Field 2.

All will find gold rings.
Some of the detect modes somethings better than the others.

For higher conductive coin hunting in modern trash.
Both park 1 and field 1 have big time advantage over the other 2 detect modes I've listed here.

Park 2 from may accounts and even folks with milder ground suggest it is deepest mode of the 4 listed on both low and higher conductors.

Airtest may show different though.

Field 2 seems to thrive in polluted ferrous sites.

Now if you review factory disc settings on a few of the detect modes above, you will notice a small bit of disc is added vs the other detect modes, hence these detect modes with factory disc could indeed miss a gold chain, or a piece of micro jewelry, and even a higher/mid or lower conductive at fringe depth detectable depths. You can change the disc settings if you like. Coke in sites seem was the real driver for how field 2 was set up with factory disc levels.
Park 1 is set up like it is so real small foil is not picked up (nuisance targets with sound).

Now field 2 and park 2 have higher odds of picking up deeper smaller gold or other smaller lower conductors. Because they are weighted freq wise to the high side vs park 1 and field 1.

Soil mineralization can affect, and cause a higher weighted freq wise detect mode to be better for performance depending on target's size, conductivity levels. And this assumes no ferrous object or nonferrous object masking going on with a desirable target.

Thanks for this write-up!! It will help me (and I am sure many others) to figure out my new machine.

I got my machine yesterday and tried out a couple of gold rings on all the detect modes. You are right in that they are picked up in all of them. I also had a small thin gold earing that would only be picked up in the Park2 mode, so it is definitely the better one for tiny gold

Back
Top Bottom