Here’s some info on the nox

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Ok,I’m pretty much gonna lay it out,and if the brat pack wants to disagree or come to the aid of this machine,have at it,
Here’s my take from tonight.11 zinc pennies there,and every one of them rang in as a 28 - 31,guess what,so did the quarter...The ID absolutely sucks on this machine,I’m calling it a total failure as a coin visual ID hunter.
If you have a Etrac,keep it,if you have a racer 2,keep it..This machine has the worst visual ID I’ve seen,I can’t believe guys are defending and recommending this machine as a coin hunter.:laughing:..Sure,if you wanna waste your time digging pennies and stumble across a silver coin and then it’s all worth it to some,I got better things to do than dig pennies that the nox calls quarters.
And I’m not even joking here,if you have this machine on your list,and your a old coin hunter,,and you wanna believe a bunch of relic hunters,then have at it.
Guys have the nerve to say anything about the at pro:laughing: dig your pennies and post your silver you happen to come across,along with the iron and screw caps.i dug more than enough of those tonight too,and whipped everyone of them,nails and screwcaps ..
No,this equinox is no dedicated coin hunter,not in my book.As a old coin hunter myself I’ve had my last hunt with this machine.

Attachments

• 4AEEEC2C-305A-4E2D-A300-FC1BC822A40F.jpg
    4AEEEC2C-305A-4E2D-A300-FC1BC822A40F.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 424
I had a feeling this machine was gonna have this issue for coin hunters due to the narrow ID range. I am glad I did not bite on the pre-order or try to buy one since.

Must have been deeper quarter's under those pennies bro, they were masked by the zinc's howboutit :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing:...Earl,I’m just calling it like it is,and I’ve got no reason to put a machine down I spent hard earned do re me on.Nobody gave me this machine,I’m not sponsored.Im really irritated tho,I dug everything 26 and up...no disc,park 2 sens At 20,reactivity At 3 And iron bias at 1..All those zincs rang in a solid 28 - 31..So did the nails,and screwcaps...:laughing:

You need to contact coin whisperer and let him tell you how to use the thing for coins...:laughing: So a silver quareter SOUNDS the same as a zinc penny ?

Ok,I’m pretty much gonna lay it out,and if the brat pack wants to disagree or come to the aid of this machine,have at it,
Here’s my take from tonight.11 zinc pennies there,and every one of them rang in as a 28 - 31,guess what,so did the quarter...The ID absolutely sucks on this machine,I’m calling it a total failure as a coin visual ID hunter.
If you have a Etrac,keep it,if you have a racer 2,keep it..This machine has the worst visual ID I’ve seen,I can’t believe guys are defending and recommending this machine as a coin hunter.:laughing:..Sure,if you wanna waste your time digging pennies and stumble across a silver coin and then it’s all worth it to some,I got better things to do than dig pennies that the nox calls quarters.
And I’m not even joking here,if you have this machine on your list,and your a old coin hunter,,and you wanna believe a bunch of relic hunters,then have at it.
Guys have the nerve to say anything about the at pro:laughing: dig your pennies and post your silver you happen to come across,along with the iron and screw caps.i dug more than enough of those tonight too,and whipped everyone of them,nails and screwcaps ..
No,this equinox is no dedicated coin hunter,not in my book.As a old coin hunter myself I’ve had my last hunt with this machine.

You had the equinox like one week before your first negative reviews on it as if you had already learned the machine :lol: You didnt know the machine then and your posts suggest you are still pretty unfamiliar with it. You really havent had much time using the thing.

I am an old coin hunter , after 20+ years of coin hunting I bought and used the AT pro for 4 years....I know that machine inside and out and like it. And it is easier to cherry pick coins with it , problem is it misses half of them :lol: On the other hand , the nox takes some learning and adjusting to but really isnt hard to cherry pick coins with either. I much prefer the nox to the pro.

You have a right to your opinion but be aware its not hard to spot your inexperience with this detector.

On my EQ800 Zinc pennies consistently ring in at 17 - 19 depending on depth and orientation. Any chance you have tried a factory reset? Maybe you received one with the coil out of calibration.
I have no doubt what you say is true so there must be a reason. Interested in how this turns out.

Sounds like the Nox has made my other machines obsolite lol.

These post are funny, and there are a few who really try to help. Your dirt may be effecting your detector for one. Two you could have received a bad unit since they rushed them out of production. Now that was a joke. I still find a lot of zinc pennies but I dont hunt by VDI unless Im using a detector I am confident with. I do understand your frustration with digging holes all day and coming up with zincs. I dont do that very often unless Im just cleaning out a spot I like to hunt a lot.Zincs and pennies are funny animals. Seen nickles do a bunch weird readings too. Its just the sport hand. Get out there and swing that thing.

I live what 20 or 25 miles from you dude. I am not having that problem with my 600. No problem with my ID, of course like a real detectorist, I listen to what the machine is telling me and then look at the ID. Something I have learned over the past 32 years I have been in this great hobby.

Even a relic hunter can tell something aint right here........When a man starts comparing and saying the AT PRO is as good or better than the Equinox it doesn't take long to figure out something aint right. Exactly what the problem is hasn't come out yet but I got a feeling if we keep watching your threads it will slowly be made apparent. NOTICE its not just me and TNSHARPSHOOTER commenting either.. You are the odd ball out MR . AT PRO...:laughing:
Isn’t there a relic thread somwhere you’d be more experienced on ?

I am using the Nox 600. The readings you are getting are off for some reason I get a 20-23 reading on zincs with my machine . I don't dispute your readings but something is not right ??? I live in lower Schuylkill County so maybe our ground is different. I do hunt places away from home and the penny readings are what I mentioned no matter where I hunt. A 24-25 is borderline on a dime for me . I am not touting the Nox either, just telling you what my readings are. I can tell you for sure that the Nox found coins that my AT Pro missed.
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT PRO PIN POINTER

Good morning. WB your machine is in need of a factory reset and if that don't work send it in because it's not working correctly. Both my 600 and 800 id correctly. They are deep and fast and have no issues .. call repair center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom