• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Barrel ring?

afpilot64

Found this in a park today...the DFX was in the EPROM High Trash coin mode, indicated the depth was 4". Finally, after digging through 3 feet ( yes 3 feet! ), I finally hit the ring. I first thought it was a bucket, and was very excited with visions of a huge cache running through my head. After about 3 hours of careful digging, I pulled the ring out of the hole. Of course I put my DFX back in the hole and didnt get a thing. So, I was surprised that an iron ring showed up as a quarter target with a VDI of +90-ish. However, I was very impressed at the depth of my DFX. So please help identify this, like I said I'm pretty sure its some kind of barrel ring, you can see one of the nails in a pic (blue arrow) even though its a little blurry.

Attachments

• barrel-ring.jpg
    barrel-ring.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 487
  • barrel-ring2.jpg
    barrel-ring2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 513
  • barrel-ring3.jpg
    barrel-ring3.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 493
Its not uncommon for our detectors to see iron as a good signal especially when they are deep targets.. For the most part all detectors do this. Usually if you don't find the target where the detector says it should be its usually something big and worthless :grin:

Back
Top Bottom