World's "LARGEST" Lincoln Cent and some Silvers!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
It was a beautiful day here in Western Montana, I had some free time so headed up to the big city to do some beep-beeping!

I started out with a real juicy permission, but it was all show / no go! The home was built in 1928 and sat back along the alley, with a HUGE front yard to detect. A real nice homeowner gave me the ok but the yard was really disappointing! I got a Brass hose nozzle, a clump of lead, a large metal washer, and a zincoln, and nothing else! The neighbor a couple of homes to the west was home, and I got the ok at this 1920's home. Also a disappointment as I pulled some modern coins and just a few wheat pennies.

Well, I thought a change of scenery might be a good thing, so I went back to the neighborhood where I did really well last time. I did get the ok at a 1940's home, found some wheaties, and a bit of modern clad. Right along the edge of the driveway I got a 84-85 on the AT Pro and it sounded like it was right on the surface. Looked down and picked up a small Sterling ring with a heart design. I thought about keeping it, but I realized it was a very recent drop, so showed it to the lady of the house and she ID'ed it as being part of some sort of heart ring group, and didn't even know that she had lost it. I was happy that it was hers and glad I decided to check. Another one of my signals was a small hi-tone that made me think I had a deep silver, but cutting the horseshoe plug, laying out the towel, and checking with my Carrot for a deep coin produced no results. I checked the plug, got a small target, and pulled out the tiny 1964 copper Lincoln Cent, mounted in metal to hang on a charm bracelet. I dug one of these a couple of years ago, but still find this "coin" very unusual!

Across the street, another woman was out on the porch, so I headed over and got permission to detect her ca 1940 home. She had seen me across the street the other day, and knew I would do a careful and respectful job of detecting. The first target in her yard was the 1944 Silver Washington Quarter, and the next target was a Silver Rosie! I guess returning the Sterling Ring earlier in the day gave me some good mojo!:D The yard had some wheat pennies which I gave to the owner, and a really cool Sterling Silver "family" ring that was pretty deep. Might have been custom made for someone who lived there in the past.

I headed to another area of town, and got the OK at a 1930's stucco home and adjacent Parsonage home, and I put in a couple of hours there with little results. I did get the 1920 Mercury Dime, a classic "Ride the Missoula Carousel" token, and more wheat pennies, along with some clad dimes and quarters, but for the size and promise of both yards, the results were a bit slim.

Anyway, a fun though tiring day, with some decent finds, thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• tiny1.jpg
    tiny1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 315
  • tiny2.jpg
    tiny2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 298
  • tiny3.jpg
    tiny3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 267
Nice write up. I had to look twice there, thought you dug a giant wheat cent. Haha. Perspective is a funny thing. Nice of you to return that ring. Karma rules.

Nice write up. I had to look twice there, thought you dug a giant wheat cent. Haha. Perspective is a funny thing. Nice of you to return that ring. Karma rules.

Thank you Stiffwrists! Yeah... I think returning the ring definitely had a part in the next two targets across the street being silvers.

Sounds like a very enjoyable day David. Congrats on adding 3 more Silver's to the count and making some good relations with your permission owners. Trapper

Can’t be ! I’m certain I’ve found all the hose nozzles there is ! Nice family ring !

Love the history on paper underneath your finds that you’ve been posting, the finds are cool too!

Thank you amc! I do have a liking for the old paper letterheads and such!

Sounds like a very enjoyable day David. Congrats on adding 3 more Silver's to the count and making some good relations with your permission owners. Trapper

Thanks Trapper!

Can’t be ! I’m certain I’ve found all the hose nozzles there is ! Nice family ring !

Thanks Wom! I do like the brass hose nozzles, I should post a pic/thread on all the one's I've save from the last years of detecting.

Back
Top Bottom