Good times in the woods

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
After being stuck inside in CT for over 2 months, I finally got to see my family at our old farm property in NY. My brother and I got out for a few hours to scout for spots in the woods. We set off on ATVs and got into an old spot that coughed up my first confirmed Liberty Cap Large Cent. It’s a 1795 and they were only minted from 1793-96.
Also snagged a pair of V nickels and a crotal bell. I honestly could have not found a damn thing and it still would’ve been a great day in the woods with my brother.
befb75dbf9ba46acf637b821febfeb1e.jpg

08554db4dcde044a2d386ce303e4e3ba.jpg

0005bd3cc476425f27d0a56998a84438.jpg

b736419c0460fe05b58d6881bbec4646.jpg

0d38aaf79a50aac5ea8788142dc08025.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome hunting! The liberty cap Is a tough coin to find for sure. I found one last year with a hole in the middle of it :roll: congrats!

Great finds! Never has anybody ever had a bad day in the woods!
Upstate NY still has a massive amount of history to be told.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Awesome saves Congratulations, and if you can run a Yammer to your site, even better

Awesome saves Congratulations, and if you can run a Yammer to your site, even better

Wasn’t easy this year. Lots of down trees and standing water so we had to hike a bit too. Was just a perfect day in the woods. Hopping on the quads just made it even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon as I read "family farm land" I was envious. Woods and in an area where you can use quads! What could be better. Nice work too!!congrats.HH

Soon as I read "family farm land" I was envious. Woods and in an area where you can use quads! What could be better. Nice work too!!congrats.HH

Some super nice digging George. It is even more appreciated just by having the freedom to be out there again. Congrats on the old Liberty Capped Cent (a very nice example) and all the rest. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom