Tot Lot Clad and a Kitty Kat

AnthonyT

Hit the tot lot at the local school up the road from my house this afternoon. I didn't have much time but still found a few things. Ended up with $2.29 in clad, $2 of which were quarters, a small cloth covered button and a Kitty Earring. The earring sounded off like a coin. It is heavy and looks perfect even though it was well down in the mulch. Couldn't find any markings indicating silver so I'm wondering if it is stainless steel. Only ended up digging a couple pieces of can slaw and a couple wadded up candy foils. Only bad part of the trip was some moron had busted a liquor bottle on a concrete pad around some play equipment and left it for the kids to find:mad: I cleaned up what I could see.

Attachments

• MD5-28-20.jpg
    MD5-28-20.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 251
You're two bucks richer and it adds up over time. Good on you for cleaning up the glass and warm greetings from Northeast KY!

Nice. Finding clad is well worth the effort. It helps pay for expenses or for a few lucky ones with lots of tot lots (or near a beach) an income. Plus you never know what is mixed in like the kitty.

Always good to hear someone left it better than they found it. I've made a few contacts in the past doing that, and made some noisy Karen's turn around that likely came to harass me. Little did I know that I was typically being watched until I was approached afterward and it was mentioned. In that regard you may have gotten something more than the clad but don't know it.

The tot lots here are closed for the most part. This one still has some pieces of caution tape around it, but the gate was wide open and there was not a sign saying to keep out. I was the only there and the few cars that drove through never even slowed down. I may go back up there today and hit the bleachers and the concession stand area. It is right off the parking lot and graveled. Figure there will at least be some clad in there.

As I kept digging quarters I was wondering if that was all the kids at that school carried in their pockets!

Went back today to try and detect around the concession stand and bleachers. Found a couple dimes and a Zincoln. Was super hot and more people around so I called it quits early.

Back
Top Bottom