• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Simplex + and Park Mode

adewilliams

I'm VERY new to detecting and I've purchased a Simplex +. I wanted to try my hand at relic hunting since my husband I purchased a piece of land about a year ago that was once part of a civil war battle. That said, I've been using it in field mode and it doesn't seem to be going very deep or picking up a lot of stuff. However, when I switch over to park mode, it seems to be getting a lot of hits that are very deep. I can't say that I find anything when I try to dig things up in park mode because the hits don't seem to be consistent. For example, I could get a 25 and 75 in the same spot seconds apart. Isn't field mode supposed to be the deep mode? What am I not understanding about park mode? I should mention that the soil is heavy, but nutrient-rich, clay and absolutely covered ivy. Also, I know the land has been hunted before so there may not be many relics left. I just wanted to try it for myself. Thank you for helping a newbie!

Hello, I am new as well and have been looking at the Simplex as one of my choices as my first upgraded detector. I am not sure how long you have had yours, but have you downloaded the latest V2.77 software? V2.76 added a Park mode and an additional sensitivity level. Might be something that could help if you are not running the most current version?

upgrading to the lastest software is a good idea and if you do according to Nokta the field mode is supposed to be the deepest and on the upgrade park 1 is next in depth. Sometimes too much sensitivity for your ground can cause erratic behavior so you might want to dial it down a little. Sometimes there is nothing there. I don't know what else to tell you without knowing if you have the latest upgrade so let us know what you do and the result. Good luck.

Thanks for responding! I'll definitely upgrade the software. I got my detector in April, but I'm certain there's already been an upgrade available. I haven't had much time for detecting recently, both my mom and brother had surgery. However, I'm hoping I can try my hand at it again this week. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom