Help me choose a Beach/shallow saltwater detector

MangoMango

Moved to the beach and would love to get the right detector the first time. Currently all research leads to at-max and equinox 800.
I’m definitely looking to spend under a grand as I’m brand new to the hobby. We’re renting a house in Neptune Beach fl so I plan to dip the coil as everyone I see on the beach is high and dry detecting. All advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nox 800 and a large sand scoop and just get out there and enjoy!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply
I’m also considering the Nokta Makro Kruzer and Nokta Makro Simplex. Really like the price of the simplex although it will more than likely lead to another purchase

Thanks for the reply
I’m also considering the Nokta Makro Kruzer and Nokta Makro Simplex. Really like the price of the simplex although it will more than likely lead to another purchase

You will buy more stuff in the future as you grow into the hobby or see the need for a new tool.

The Simplex is a good pick BUT a Nox you will grow with until you look for a PI or gold MD.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Nox 600 is a good choice too for someone that mostly wants to beach or turf hunt and does not want to do a lot of tweaking. You may want to buy waterproof headphones too so the 600 is really a great deal.

Jeff

If you decide to go with the Nox 600 and hardwired waterproof headphones for surf hunting and a decent scoop and handheld pinpointer, you will be at the price of the Nox 800. If you buy the Nox 800 and all of the accessories I already listed you are over a grand. You may be able to make a deal on a 600 that has the 6" coil included. Maybe you could trade that coil with your dealer for the waterproof headphones, waterproof pinpointer of quality scoop.

If you aren't planning to submerge your detector but do want to hunt the surf line and wet sand get a Vanquish 540. It will work really well since it has Multi-IQ multi frequency just like the Equinox, is a lot simpler to use, has an adjustable shaft and waterproof coil, backlight...............excellent detector for the money. You would just need a good scoop and a waterproof pinpointer and you've spent less money than the Nox 600.

Jeff

How about the anfibio? Is that any better than the nox?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Nox and Anfibio are both waterproof. Nox is simultaneous multiple frequency operation or selectable single frequency (except in Beach mode since simultaneous multiple frequency in salt water is a big advantage). Anfibio is either a single frequency detector or a selectable single frequency detector depending on which model you buy. Same with the Kruzer or Multi Kruzer. They have a salt beach mode and will work OK.

For mild mineralized turf or field hunting they are roughly equal. In moderate to high mineralized turf or field the Nox (again using multiple frequencies) has the advantage.

Jeff

Nox and Anfibio are both waterproof. Nox is simultaneous multiple frequency operation or selectable single frequency (except in Beach mode since simultaneous multiple frequency in salt water is a big advantage). Anfibio is either a single frequency detector or a selectable single frequency detector depending on which model you buy. Same with the Kruzer or Multi Kruzer. They have a salt beach mode and will work OK.

For mild mineralized turf or field hunting they are roughly equal. In moderate to high mineralized turf or field the Nox (again using multiple frequencies) has the advantage.

Jeff
So is nox the best bang for the buck considering the technology that is out. In regards to all around detectors that can search on beach/high minerals?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

If your primary hunting sites have moderate to high mineralization or salt whether wet or dry you may need simultaneous multi frequency operation to do all of that well. If you may be doing some gold prospecting too, the Nox 800 can do that easily especially with the 6" coil.
Since the Nox 600 and 800 also come with wireless audio, waterproofing, internal rechargeable batteries, lots of features.................yeah, it is probably the best bang for your buck. I did not say it is the best metal detector. There are better salt water detectors, somewhat better dry land detectors and better gold prospecting detectors. It probably is the best all-around do it all very well detector available right now. If you are really serious about detecting it is hard to beat if you can only afford one detector.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom