Pirate metal detectors model Black Pearl

ecmo

Elite Member
Does anyone on Friendly have a Black Pearl detector from a European outfit called Pirate detectors?

Reason I ask is that I'm pretty certain that within the next week I will be ordering a mx sport since I want a companion to my mx 5. I have a racer 2 that I use along with the mx 5 for the past three years and while it is a good machine I suppose, I just never have been overly fond of it.

Anyway yesterday while scrolling on my tablet a ad popped up for the Black Pearl and as I read all its very good features and great depth advertising (17" on a coin with a 11" double D coil ) for $475 I went to the Kelleyco site and read a bit more about it. I did take this question to another forum and a member provided me with a link that gave a little more info but no reviews that amounted to anything.

Outside of not being water proof which doesn't bother me as I don't hunt in the rain or water, this machine sounds every bit as good as the sport, maybe even better for $175 less than the sport since I will be dealing with Whites directly by mail and so no discounts. I'm no online shopper. If I could get some info from actual users I may go for it and save money versus the sport. We have all heard the old adage, "if it Sounds too good to be true it probably is." Any knowledge anyone?

Thanks,
Don

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I own the mx sport. While it is a great machine there have been a few releases for about the same price that are better machines. Don't get me wrong the sport is no slouch and has found me PLENTY of goodies. I would consider these machines alongside the mxsport: minelab equinox 800, makuro kruzer, A used xp dues, nokata anfibio.

Looks like a deeptech from Bulgaria. There is a you tube vid on the black pearl. Seems it may be a good relic detector Idk?

Looks like a deeptech from Bulgaria. There is a you tube vid on the black pearl. Seems it may be a good relic detector Idk?
I only seen one video on it and never watched it in its entirety as the guy had a thick European accent and with my hearing couldn't understand much he said his demonstration of it in a field was boring at best.

I haven't been following the forums much in the past year but I think I had heard/read something about deeptech and it was positive. I may check into that a bit more but was hoping someone(s) on here were actual users with positive feedback otherwise I will go with the sport. Thanks metaladdict.

Last edited:
I own the mx sport. While it is a great machine there have been a few releases for about the same price that are better machines. Don't get me wrong the sport is no slouch and has found me PLENTY of goodies. I would consider these machines alongside the mxsport: minelab equinox 800, makuro kruzer, A used xp dues, nokata anfibio.

The MXSport “alongside” the Deus,Anfibio,800...What does “alongside” mean?

Like you should also consider those machines for the similar price of the sport..
Pretty much have my mind set on the sport as I have and have other whites in the past and I guess you could say that I'm a fanboy. I started this thread as I stated in opening that I had seen the ad for the Black Pearl and was very intrigued by its features for the price but had never heard of the company/detector before.

The Deause (spelling) is way out of line for what I would spend on a detector, if not I would get a Whites VCi. I have read so many postings from happy users of the 800, and seen their results of successful hunts. The price of the 800 is within what I will spend. I even considered the 800 for awhile, finally deciding against it. Three years ago there was considerable hype about the Makro racer 2, wanting something deeper than my mx5 and m6 (both Whites) I traded m6 for the foreign made racer. It is a good detector and I have found good stuff with it even where I had pretty much gone over before with the whites. I just don't really like it so well, the tones for one with my poor hearing and consequent somewhat tone deafness. It's too chatty for another even in the country places I usually go, with mild soils, sensitivity set on 70% lay it aside to retrieve a target and most times through my headphones it Sounds like a motor idling with bad plug wires or fouled plugs.

Thanks for your input about other machines but since I can't seem to find much on the Black Pearl I will probably be ordering the sport within the next few days.

HH
Don

Pretty much have my mind set on the sport as I have and have other whites in the past and I guess you could say that I'm a fanboy. I started this thread as I stated in opening that I had seen the ad for the Black Pearl and was very intrigued by its features for the price but had never heard of the company/detector before.

The Deause (spelling) is way out of line for what I would spend on a detector, if not I would get a Whites VCi. I have read so many postings from happy users of the 800, and seen their results of successful hunts. The price of the 800 is within what I will spend. I even considered the 800 for awhile, finally deciding against it. Three years ago there was considerable hype about the Makro racer 2, wanting something deeper than my mx5 and m6 (both Whites) I traded m6 for the foreign made racer. It is a good detector and I have found good stuff with it even where I had pretty much gone over before with the whites. I just don't really like it so well, the tones for one with my poor hearing and consequent somewhat tone deafness. It's too chatty for another even in the country places I usually go, with mild soils, sensitivity set on 70% lay it aside to retrieve a target and most times through my headphones it Sounds like a motor idling with bad plug wires or fouled plugs.

Thanks for your input about other machines but since I can't seem to find much on the Black Pearl I will probably be ordering the sport within the next few days.

HH
Don

I own the 800 and the sport. There is for sure some great advantages of the 800 over the sport. not even taking into account wireless. Just a heads up is all.

I know 17" sounds incredibly. It comes with 11" double D coil. Also billed as 3-28 kHz operating freq, all for $474. It's sold through Kellyco if you wish to Google Pirate Black Pearl detector and read the specs. Supposed to be good in trashy sites too.

Dunno, I had jerrman of this forum order me the sport. It maybe here tomorrow. At least I know what I'm getting on the sport.

The Black Pearl seems to be Pirate detectors version of the open source Fortune/Fortuna M project started by engineers and enthusiasts in the Ukraine. Menu structures and features are the same. Physical build as well. Seems like a good machine. You can see a handful of YouTube videos of the Fortune. It will give you more insight on whether you want one. They sell on eBay if you're interested for less than the Pirate version.

Back
Top Bottom