Coming soon Xp X35 coils and Version 5 update

So the new X35 coils, the battery will be back in the coil?

If true, wonder why they did that? Unless its user accessible.

They probably did that because they will be the standard coil when you buy the Deus from September on and eliminating the old LF coils etc.

So the new X35 coils, the battery will be back in the coil?

If true, wonder why they did that? Unless its user accessible.

Gary B. said "The X35 coils and V5 update ( Available end of July)
They have been constructed using the latest technology making them more stable than the original Black coils.
The new coils will have the battery in the coil as before.
The increased stability is very much what people have noticed when using the White HF coils.
The original Black coils are perfectly fine many will not notice a great difference between the old and new.

The new frequencies are an advantage, as there is now a wider choice. Plus a boost mode for those who need to use a very low frequency for specific searching.

Version 5 update is to accept the new coils as they require a different software platform.
Original Black coils and HF coils will work fine on V5.

The biggest advantage is the expert menu on the headphones, although you will still need an RC and windows PC to update.
Note : The new X35 coils are not a replacement for the HF coils, they are simply an update for the original Black coils."

Battery in Coil

Because they were not thinking of the customer , the eliminating of having to send in coil's for battery change VS buying a 50$ battery for in shaft replacement is the way to go in the future, must be a money maker for Deus , BS if you ask me, they should have, and could have done this, the price of the coils itself along - with you can't change the battery itself , results in thinking twice before buying , i will add there is also plenty of room to add a larger battery in shaft , room for expansion . Will stick to VS 4.0 as 5.0 really just benefit's new coils battery in :roll: running smooth , were 4.0 with the HF coil works fine , Don't see any benefit's except a Dues manufacturer fix for smooth running coil's Black that should have been running stable all along , same coils, change the name, still battery inside the coil :realitycheck::takeoff::twisted::confused::crazy::clap: , it's ok though , even though i won't be buying them, ML take's the cake , making the Equinox -after 6 month's no accessories , they get the :wincup::wave:

They haven't ran TX power 3 for very long or they would know there is a slight problem with battery life with the old system that they sought to keep. It didn't bother me as I have 2 coils but the advantage would have been to put the battery in the stem like the HF coil.

So 35 frequencies to choose from but still only able to run 1 at a time?

A few of the coils I've used were in the 5-6 year old mark with original batteries and still going strong. The battery in the stem was fine but I did hate the rattling sound while swinging.. either way it don't matter as I never used the 54+kHz in the HF coil and now the black coil covers all frequencies I used. Perfect. Plus the boost mode on low frequency. Seems like a win win..

So for someone in the market for a high frequency coil, that would never use the 50 - 59 kHz or 80 kHz in the first coil, is it better to go with this new coil or the original?

I wonder if the algorithms are different in the new 30kHz coil. (other than TX pwr @ 4kHz)

So for someone in the market for a high frequency coil, that would never use the 50 - 59 kHz or 80 kHz in the first coil, is it better to go with this new coil or the original?
I would say either of the black coils would work if you do not plan on using the higher frequencies. I have a new 11" LF coil that I will most likely keep and buy a 9" x35 coil and do some testing.

Phew, just in time!
I was about to pull the trigger on the Nox.

Think I will sit sight for now and let the reviews come out on the X35 coils.
Seems like Deus have done their home work.

Raymondo

Dmo

It's possible the battery in the shaft introduces more support costs than in the coil. , Thanks for explaining why, Earl

Last edited:
It's possible the battery in the shaft introduces more support costs than in the coil. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Imagine That :crazy::confused: Please explain , when you can buy a 50.00 battery when it goes dead , vs paying shipping ,and costs sending- in a coil and waiting for turn around time back to you . Just curious on how you come up with that scenario :?: In my opinion coming out with new more stable running coils is a great thing, also it was a great thing that the put a replaceable by the customer battery in the shaft on HF COILS- for easy do it yourself changing , in my opinion maybe it was to keep people- working at there plant for changing coil batteries , NOT GOOD :yes::police: :roll:

It don't matter, they have dealerships that change batteries, for a fee of course but they also have a diy kit out there for $11 with instructions to do it yourself, minus the battery which you have to source as well.

My 9in original Deus coil is over 5 years old and still going strong. Not really concerned about the battery in the coil or shaft. I wished one of the new coils was a small 4 x 7 elliptical but it's not. It's just a replacement to the standard coils with a larger range of frequency selection, more stable like high frequency coils and options for the puck. What's not to like?
Xp Deus has updated their machine multiple times over the years. Making them better each time. Arguably the best relic and all around machine on the planet. I tested the NOX 800 for about 50 hours against the Deus HF and in the end would still select the Deus over the Nox.
I would lime to see an update from Deus that allows it to track the ground, analyse it and determine what frequency, settings and switch it on the fly automatically.
Example would be if you had factory coin, Relic programs and selected say the coin program it would use a set of frequencies between 3 and say 18 and automatically selected the frequency that is best according to the ground under the coil at the time. Relic program would use frequecy changes from 15 to 30, prospecting 20 to 50 etc. To me that would be a true advancement.

Digstrashtomuch;. I tested the NOX 800 for about 50 hours against the Deus HF and in the end would still select the Deus over the Nox.[/QUOTE said:
Oh no, thread goes totally off the rails in 3,2,...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deus 4.0

I am new to the Deus , i have the 4.0 - remote- WS5 headphones, with the round HF coil that's it, I do like the battery in the shaft however reading post's i see it's not a big concern, so my ? is, should i update to 5.0 when it's available, and which X35 coil would you add ? I do like Deus-Updates at no charge to the customer, i guess i am in a good spot being the only coil i have is the HF coil, as i have been watching the older black coil's drop -in value, since the new X35 coil's have been announced . PS JWP1964 well i might add two thing's , i do like running the Nox in multi Frequency,: and the water proofing , i like it for beach hunting , i will most likely see the X35 coil's come out before the 15 Equinox coil comes out :roll::laughing: :laughing:

Last edited:
I am new to the Deus , i have the 4.0 - remote- WS5 headphones, with the round HF coil that's it, I do like the battery in the shaft however reading post's i see it's not a big concern, so my ? is, should i update to 5.0 when it's available, and which X35 coil would you add ? I do like Deus-Updates at no charge to the customer, i guess i am in a good spot being the only coil i have is the HF coil, as i have been watching the older black coil's drop -in value, since the new X35 coil's have been announced . PS JWP1964 well i might add two thing's , i do like running the Nox in multi Frequency,: and the water proofing , i like it for beach hunting , i will most likely see the X35 coil's come out before the 15 Equinox coil comes out :roll::laughing: :laughing:

for me i sold my 9in hf coil and 9in lf to get ready for the new coils. i never used above 28 fequency so the new coils will be perfect for what i do. with being more stable and boost on low frequency will give them an advantage i feel. i also have a nox 800 .

It's possible the battery in the shaft introduces more support costs than in the coil. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Imagine That :crazy::confused: Please explain , when you can buy a 50.00 battery when it goes dead , vs paying shipping ,and costs sending- in a coil and waiting for turn around time back to you . Just curious on how you come up with that scenario :?: In my opinion coming out with new more stable running coils is a great thing, also it was a great thing that the put a replaceable by the customer battery in the shaft on HF COILS- for easy do it yourself changing , in my opinion maybe it was to keep people- working at there plant for changing coil batteries , NOT GOOD :yes::police: :roll:

The cable to the battery can fail easier than if sealed. The connector to the battery can fail easier than if sealed. Cutting battery power in certain stages of turn on or updating can brick the coil.

All these possibilities go away if it's sealed. Hense, more support costs having it in the shaft.

Back
Top Bottom