Beauty in the workplace

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
Just love my job at the pier where all the cruise ships come into Halifax. Met folks from all over and chew the fat. Added bonus is the views!

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0286 (2).JPG
    IMG_0286 (2).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 103
Neat !!!!

Of course it only took me a few seconds to start wondering if any detectorist scuba divers hunt those areas for rings or other jewelry people might have accidently dropped off the side of the ships :lol:

Many years ago (early 1973) the US Navy submarine that was my home away from home was scheduled to do some operating with the Canadian Navy. On the schedule was port visits to Halifax. We were all looking forward to the visit.

Except I did not get to go. I had been sent (temporary additional duty) to a different submarine to some place where the water was cold. One of those places where we never went (Yeah Right).

So I spent 76 days submerged in other regions of the ocean while the crew of my boat got to visit Halifax

I am still irritated with the Navy for cheating me out of that trip.

Nice photos Leslie! Yeah, some of those ships are pretty awesome... and huge!
Where are you normally stationed, out in the gatehouse, in by the gangway or all over the place? I'll have to look for you next time I'm delivering down there. I'm usually there every Thursday and other times as well.
(Wouldnt I love to get the ROV over the side of that wharf for a few hours, lol.)

Pete

Back
Top Bottom