• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Well, the silver drought continues here in the Kingdom...

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
NIFCs in every box but not one of a date needed by KT.

Box 1 contained a bicentennial proof, which had a light coating of rust on the left half of the coin. KT soaked it in Super Iron out and the rust is gone to reveal a light etching over that portion of the coin, ruining it. KT took a pic just to show it...right half of the obverse is beautiful with mirror luster on the field and nice frosting on the head...the left half is dull luster. It looks a lot better in the image than in person.

Box 5 contained the non-silver find of the Hunt...an off center strike on the obverse. KT took several images and finally got one that shows a reflection from the raised portion of the right rim, like a sliver of a new moon. Note the letter L in Liberty is right on the left rim and how far the letter T is from the rim on the right side. It is a keeper coin because KT likes mint errors, and it is not in bad condition overall.

Otherwise that is it for this week. On to a hopefully better CRH next week!

Attachments

• CRH 07 26 2018 1 bicentennial proof damaged.JPG
    CRH 07 26 2018 1 bicentennial proof damaged.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 180
  • CRH 07 26 2018 1 off center strike Ken.JPG
    CRH 07 26 2018 1 off center strike Ken.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 111
NIFCs in every box but not one of a date needed by KT.

Box 1 contained a bicentennial proof, which had a light coating of rust on the left half of the coin. KT soaked it in Super Iron out and the rust is gone to reveal a light etching over that portion of the coin, ruining it. KT took a pic just to show it...right half of the obverse is beautiful with mirror luster on the field and nice frosting on the head...the left half is dull luster. It looks a lot better in the image than in person.

Box 5 contained the non-silver find of the Hunt...an off center strike on the obverse. KT took several images and finally got one that shows a reflection from the raised portion of the right rim, like a sliver of a new moon. Note the letter L in Liberty is right on the left rim and how far the letter T is from the rim on the right side. It is a keeper coin because KT likes mint errors, and it is not in bad condition overall.

Otherwise that is it for this week. On to a hopefully better CRH next week!
I like that off strike. Silver is harder to find here also.(I'm going to try to dig some gold next month)I did luck up and get 1 Ben and 5 40% this week . Best of luck for next week

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Keep trying KT, you are due to stumble onto a mighty silver hoard in the near future. Love the off center strike.

I concur! He seems to do really well in the Fall...probably from people cleaning out and looking for Christmas cash or something? Dumping old G'paws rolls of halfs? I dont know the reasons..just following this forum, logically if possible...trying to discern if theres a seasonal success pattern for a Mega Roll Hunter? :?:

Same for me again this week as well KT. Plenty of NIFC but no silver to be found here going on 5 weeks now. Perseverance will pay off I know... hang in there as well... the coffers must be filled.

I like that off strike. Silver is harder to find here also.(I'm going to try to dig some gold next month)I did luck up and get 1 Ben and 5 40% this week . Best of luck for next week
Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Thanks, pan4au, and saw your CRH this week. You cleaned up! Now get out there and live up to yer nomicker!

Keep trying KT, you are due to stumble onto a mighty silver hoard in the near future. Love the off center strike.
Glad you like the off center strike! KT collected mint errors for years before starting CRHing and still has a soft spot for them!:yes::yes:

I concur! He seems to do really well in the Fall...probably from people cleaning out and looking for Christmas cash or something? Dumping old G'paws rolls of halfs? I dont know the reasons..just following this forum, logically if possible...trying to discern if theres a seasonal success pattern for a Mega Roll Hunter? :?:
If you ever figure out any seasonal pattern KT would love to see the statistics on it, but KT is so close to His own Royal Findings, He just goes from week to week with blind hope in the future of finding silver!

Same for me again this week as well KT. Plenty of NIFC but no silver to be found here going on 5 weeks now. Perseverance will pay off I know... hang in there as well... the coffers must be filled.
Do hang in there jkbemdavis...for we all know the past, but the future can not be predicted...Why you might just come upon a box of nearly all Walkers, and the rest are just poor old Bennies! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Anyway, that is the way KT thinketh!

Do hang in there jkbemdavis...for we all know the past, but the future can not be predicted...Why you might just come upon a box of nearly all Walkers, and the rest are just poor old Bennies! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Anyway, that is the way KT thinketh![/QUOTE]

I like the thought process promoted in the kingdom of Ag. Have a great week!

Do hang in there jkbemdavis...for we all know the past, but the future can not be predicted...Why you might just come upon a box of nearly all Walkers, and the rest are just poor old Bennies! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Anyway, that is the way KT thinketh!

I like the thought process promoted in the kingdom of Ag. Have a great week![/QUOTE]

And you too, my Friend!

It happens, either way you get the most silver on the forum it seems year in and year out...

Hmmm, that just doesn't seem right. Maybe quantity, but check out some of these fellows who find 40 or more OLD silvers a year. And those members of the Silver Dollar Club! KT has not one site with that potential!

Quantity is one thing, essentially all KT recovers is of scrap value, but some of the forum members get some pretty rare coins, including some pieces of eight and some gold coins. KT ain't in that league, in his own Royal Mind.

But thank you royally for the compliment anyway! :laughing::laughing:

Better luck next week KT!! I'm sure the silver will be rolling back into the royal vault soon!!

Back
Top Bottom