Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 07-23-2018, 08:21 AM

Default Why Is This So Low Priced???!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Minelab-X-T...erra+705&rt=nc

Am I missing something?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:27 AM
Elite Member

No,,your not missing anything.In new prices thatís a little low but not extremely low,probably over stock or just a fast sale.But it has concentric coil,which is ok,but not nearly as good as a DD.If I were you Id hold out for a used one with a DD coil,most xterra users take very good care of theyíre machines,and every one Iíve bought used was like brand new.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:36 AM
Supporter

I'm thinking the Xterra series will be discontinued. The price point is too close to the Equinox series and if they don't bring the down from MAP pricing they will not sell them and if they do lower the price then the profit will drop. Also with the Equinox buzz, dealers with limited inventory capabilities will stock the Nox series over the Nox series, further reducing the sales.

To sum it up, I think theses will be available cheap very soon.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:02 AM
Elite Member

I bought my 705 second hand but LNIB 7yrs ago for $300, which was a steal at the time, but deals like this aren't that uncommon anymore.

I disagree that the Xterra 705 will be discontinued anytime soon. It's the only all digital machine that Minelab offers, and it's the best selectable single frequency machine on the market, as well as being foundational technology used in the development of the CTX & Equinox.

The best that you know is the best that you've had.
Slow Down, and you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Sponsor

It's priced that low because the seller is breaking MAP rules and they aren't selling. Minelab watches ebay closely. Even previous sales prices, sellers, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

discount code A1466 |
|
|

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:13 PM
Elite Member

Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas

Check out the ratings on this seller, anyone that sells things can get some bad review because people are...people, but this guy has way too many.
Bait and switch is brought up several times.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...e&interval=365

Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.
Plus a Nox 800.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:59 PM
Elite Member

Exactly the same price at the big dealer in Florida

Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack Metal Detector
with 5x10" (18.75 kHz) DD Coil Plus FREE Metal Detecting & Treasure Hunting Accessories
Includes $336 in FREE Accessories!
Sku: 237-37060119
Retail:$950.00
Now Only: $499.00

Old 07-24-2018, 11:28 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by georgeinsc View post
Exactly the same price at the big dealer in Florida

Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack Metal Detector
with 5x10" (18.75 kHz) DD Coil Plus FREE Metal Detecting & Treasure Hunting Accessories
Includes $336 in FREE Accessories!
Sku: 237-37060119
Retail:$950.00
Now Only: $499.00
the link has changed. It was $369 and from a non-authorized dealer.

$499 is the MAP for xterra 705 gold or regular

|
|

discount code A1466 |
|
|