Got a Detech 6X8 coil for Whites

Bajanick

Elite Member
I just got it last night and gave it a spin today.
Tried it out for about an hour and I really like this coil.

Pros:
Compact
light weight compared to the stock and the 5.3
Seems to be much more responsive on targets
Much better depth than the 5.3

Cons:
Did not come with the correct size plastic nut and bolt.
The cord is kinda sticky, so it makes it difficult to adjust the coil if it moves.

Tried it on the M6 and will give a try on the MXT first chance I get.

I just got it last night and gave it a spin today.
Tried it out for about an hour and I really like this coil.

Pros:
Compact
light weight compared to the stock and the 5.3
Seems to be much more responsive on targets
Much better depth than the 5.3

Cons:
Did not come with the correct size plastic nut and bolt.
The cord is kinda sticky, so it makes it difficult to adjust the coil if it moves.

Tried it on the M6 and will give a try on the MXT first chance I get.

The 8x6 is a wonderful coil!

Don't put it on the MXT. IT WON'T COME OFF !

That coil hardly ever comes off my MXT. Super coil for it.

Hardware stores carry every lenghth and size plastic bolts and nuts,,so that’s a ez fix..Congrats on the coil,I had that on the mx5 and it never came off.

After purchasing my MXT Pro, I next bought a 5.3" Eclipse and a Detech SEF 5" x 10" search coils. They both worked great. I heard a bunch of great things about the 8" x 6" SEF search coil so I bought one of those as well. For my type of hunting, I prefer it over the 5.3 Eclipse, but it's a close toss-up between it and the 5" x 10" SEF. The 8" x 6" gets about a half inch more in depth, but the 5" x 10" covers ground a lot faster and separates better. I liked those coils so much that went ahead sold the stock coil because it was just gathering dust. It's almost a waste of money buying an MXT Pro with the stock search coil because most people or going to end-up putting one of those search coils on and never taking them off.

beephead

Ive had it out a few times already and I am thinking about getting a larger one to replace the stock or the Super 12.

Back
Top Bottom