Fisher F Pulse info

Bayoutalker

Elite Member
I've been away from the hobby for a while due to weather and hope to get back at it soon. I currently have an older Garret black pro pointer and I'm considering a new device. I got the opportunity to compare it to a Garret Carrot and it was obviously outmatched. As I go to the beach fairly often I am considering the Fisher F Pulse to help with the mineralization.

Does anyone have any different info or comments on the Fisher? What I found by searching is several months old and inconsistent on function.

Any info will be appreciated.

Cliff

There were issues with the first release - lock-up, etc.

that has now been fixed. Current stock is great.

What about the depth? It seems from what I read that the originals were a bit better than the next gen. Has that been addressed?

Cliff

I've had three of them act crazy and I've had two other ones that I sold before I was out on the field with them.. I do like the shape of them and the size of the power button.. but if they don't work then I have no use for them. Maybe FT should have issues a recall since there was alot of issues with them.

I've had three of them act crazy and I've had two other ones that I sold before I was out on the field with them.. I do like the shape of them and the size of the power button.. but if they don't work then I have no use for them. Maybe FT should have issues a recall since there was alot of issues with them.
How long ago was that? I had heard of some of the issues but I was wondering if they were fixed.

Cliff

Well I sold my last one in December. But all of last year I've had them . They locked up in the on position where you had to remove batteries to shut it up.. they would go off for no reason . Emi?? I changed frequency and power settings and batteries. But it was the way the pinpointer was made.

Well I sold my last one in December. But all of last year I've had them . They locked up in the on position where you had to remove batteries to shut it up.. they would go off for no reason . Emi?? I changed frequency and power settings and batteries. But it was the way the pinpointer was made.
Thanks. That's a new problem I hadn't heard of. Most have been related to detection distance.

Cliff

Gen 1 locks up if the pointer is turned on touching metal...forcing you to break battery contact to reset it. There was also a bit of chatter on high sens setting...but nothing a quick button press retune won't fix.

As Rick said...it has been fixed with Gen 2...and current stock runs stable and lock-up free.

I have waited to see answers, because I am still on a soapbox about my replacement, admitted as Gen2 by First Texas...the Gen2 lost me 30% the depth that the original gave me. I was getting 3.5 inches on dimes and pennies, and 5 inches air testing a nickel! The Gen 2 replacement did quit locking up, yet it only gives me 2 and 3/4" on dimes, and 3.25" on nickels.

FT told me that range was "within spec." I get that performance from my old Garrett Carrot.

Sure, they fixed the lockup, but I ended up with no sensitivity performance past my old Carrot. I totally loved the first F-Pulse when it worked. "Within spec" suggests to me that First Texas merely dropped the highest setting of #3, or something. It appears as if it's just detuned from tip top, out of the original box, performance. Setting 3 is still selectable but a 1/3rd sensitivity drop? Come-on!

I am still not happy with that answer.

I asked this question a while back to other F-Pulse owners and never got a reply from folks, "What distance do you get with your F-Pulse on air tests?"

Same question. Thanks.

Does the F Pulse work better in salt or mineralized soil than the carrot? That was what started me looking at it. I have tried the carrot with a friend and the depth is enough for me so that is a secondary issue.

Cliff

Does the F Pulse work better in salt or mineralized soil than the carrot? That was what started me looking at it. I have tried the carrot with a friend and the depth is enough for me so that is a secondary issue.

Cliff

The F-pulse is outstanding for you then. Solid and nice features, especially the "light-off" feature, and frequency selections for EMI. It is much better in those regards, than the Garretts, and waterproof. As far as the mineralized soil,,,my soil in Texas clay can be testy. I've never noticed a depth improvement than the Garretts gives me on my test garden coins.

Hope that helps.

The F-pulse is outstanding for you then. Solid and nice features, especially the "light-off" feature, and frequency selections for EMI. It is much better in those regards, than the Garretts, and waterproof. As far as the mineralized soil,,,my soil in Texas clay can be testy. I've never noticed a depth improvement than the Garretts gives me on my test garden coins.

Hope that helps.
You should try the soil here in Southeast Texas. It is gummy, sticky and hard to dig when wet and almost impossible to penetrate when fully dry. It works great for rice paddys but not much else. That's why I head to the coast beaches for a break which is why I'm looking at the F Pulse.

Cliff

None of the prototypes from testing...or the 5-6 Gen 1's I have tested ever got past 4 inches on a nickel. 3.25 to 3.95 range on all of them.

I would say the one you had was an anomaly.

Both of my current Gen 2's hit 3.5 on a nickel....3.0 on penny....2.75 on a dime. Almost identical to the Gen 1 I have....it is a whole 1/4 inch hotter.

As far as performance in minerals. In buried tests...5 bar California dirt...it will beat the Carrot and Makro by a full inch easily.

I've been away from the hobby for a while due to weather and hope to get back at it soon. I currently have an older Garret black pro pointer and I'm considering a new device. I got the opportunity to compare it to a Garret Carrot and it was obviously outmatched. As I go to the beach fairly often I am considering the Fisher F Pulse to help with the mineralization.

Does anyone have any different info or comments on the Fisher? What I found by searching is several months old and inconsistent on function.

Any info will be appreciated.

Cliff

I believe these are identical to the Teknetics pointer. Amazon is your friend. For an additional $8 they warranty it for 4 years

None of the prototypes from testing...or the 5-6 Gen 1's I have tested ever got past 4 inches on a nickel. 3.25 to 3.95 range on all of them.

I would say the one you had was an anomaly.

Both of my current Gen 2's hit 3.5 on a nickel....3.0 on penny....2.75 on a dime. Almost identical to the Gen 1 I have....it is a whole 1/4 inch hotter.

As far as performance in minerals. In buried tests...5 bar California dirt...it will beat the Carrot and Makro by a full inch easily.

Thanks for the in-depth report. I will chill out on my personal complaints. It just seemed that I wasn't alone in getting extra stellar depth way back then, with the Gen1.

My first one gave me performance equal to my TRX but with the 360 degree detection ability. The first week that the first F-Pulse wasn't locking up, it fit every desire in a handheld pointer I'd wished for. I was sure that I'd read and followed other owners with the same reports.

Back
Top Bottom