First hunt in months: chunky totlot gold

Bagelbites

Forum Supporter
Hey y'all. With work, and the rain, I haven't gotten out for a couple months. I took the day off today and finally went on a hunt. Before sunrise, I went to a park close to my place. It's one of the oldest parks in Sacramento, and I know it is hunted often.

In the totlot, the AT Pro hit this nugget pendant hard, though I didn't look at the VDI because it was dark. I saw some sparkle, and put it away until the sun came up. It's not marked, but is definitely gold. It has a small diamond and maybe the green stone is jade. Not sure.

Thanks for reading, good luck out there.

Attachments

• 20190415_085706.jpg
    20190415_085706.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 411
  • 20190415_085729.jpg
    20190415_085729.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 383
  • 20190415_085747.jpg
    20190415_085747.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 406
Hey y'all. With work, and the rain, I haven't gotten out for a couple months. I took the day off today and finally went on a hunt. Before sunrise, I went to a park close to my place. It's one of the oldest parks in Sacramento, and I know it is hunted often.

In the totlot, the AT Pro hit this nugget pendant hard, though I didn't look at the VDI because it was dark. I saw some sparkle, and put it away until the sun came up. It's not marked, but is definitely gold. It has a small diamond and maybe the green stone is jade. Not sure.

Thanks for reading, good luck out there.

First off, that's not a super small diamond. Looks like it could be at least a tenth of a carat, maybe larger. Check for visual inclusion. If none, you might have a nice stone! If you've got a micrometer, you can measure it out and compare to this chart:
667dcf30e279fcad6020ecdcdf1e6a81.jpg

And, the gold looks like placer gold that someone tagged a loop onto and turned into jewelry. That's pretty unique. Placer gold around here is 87-97% pure. That's high carat stuff. :)

AMAZING find!

Skippy

Yeah, Wow! At first, I was gonna razz ya for just coming out of hiding, and stumbling on that, but then I mopped up my drool, and reread your post. I see you took the day off, and was out there before sunrise. You deserve it Man! That thing is a stunner! Diamond is bigger than 10th carat...hope it's a high grade one.

Yeah, Wow! At first, I was gonna razz ya for just coming out of hiding, and stumbling on that, but then I mopped up my drool, and reread your post. I see you took the day off, and was out there before sunrise. You deserve it Man! That thing is a stunner! Diamond is bigger than 10th carat...hope it's a high grade one.

It looks great in the photo, but if my "finger calculations" are correct, that's a 3mm stone. We'll see!

Skippy

It looks great in the photo, but if my "finger calculations" are correct, that's a 3mm stone. We'll see!

Skippy

Well, Skippy, considering it's you estimating this, it's probably accurate. However, for fun's sake, I say that is a 4mm stone...at least! My theory: A guy named "Bagelbites" has fat fingers. :laughing:

OK Bagelbites. I know those diggin' digits have a healthy girth. We're gonna need an accurate measurement...of the stone, that is. :D

Thanks guys. The pendant is not marked, so it will be difficult for me to sell to a private purchaser. I took it to the pawn shop, and the gold tested at 14k, so it's not a natural nugget. He popped out the diamond and jade for me, which I'll just put away for a potential future project. I think the diamond is probably 2.5mm or so. I sold the gold for $186.

And yes, I have sausage fingers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom