Ctx battery still charging? Is this normal?

My ctx battery has been on the charger for about 6 hours now and still isn't indicating fully charged. The green light is still blinking and hasn't gone solid.
Is this normal?
Thanks

Just curious, did you ever resolve the issue?
What was the problem?

ML is sending me a new charging dock. Hopefully that fixes it. If not it has to be the battery

So I got the new charging dock from ML today and it DID NOT fix the problem. I'll call them tomorrow. I 99% sure it's the battery. It doesn't even have a little warmth to it.

I Just got my new 3030 last Monday and I am having the same problem. The battery will not charge. The wireless module charges fine

So I just got a call from ML saying they will ship me a new battery today or tomorrow with a Rma #.hopefully that fixes the problem. The only other culprit could be the ac charger, but I am having the same issues while trying it my car.

ML says they will warranty replace my battery. She didn't ask ne 20 questions either so they must realize they have a bad batch

New battery recived and charged up in 2 hours. Good customer service with minelab so far!

My first CTX 3030 charger would not seat the battery properly and would sometimes charge the battery and sometimes not, all the while LEDs saying the battery was charging. Sometimes the blinking LEDs would stop when fully charged, suggesting seating was proper. I tried all various maneuvers, and it boiled down to seating. I spilled brackish water in the charger and now the LEDs indicate malfunction (2 LEDs on left upper and lower constant red). Haven't been able to fix, yet, so bought new charger for about $160.

Bought a new charger and arrived yesterday. Put dead battery on charger 17 hrs ago and LEDs indicate battery is still charging (top left green blinking, bottom left green constant). Tried various maneuvers (unplugging, repositioning battery, etc., etc.,) and charging LEDs continue to indicate charging. Placed battery on CTX and it indicates fully charged. This does not appear to be a seating issue since the battery charged. About to contact seller, but CTX 3030 battery charger seems to have numerous problems!
FYI, Alkaline battery pack works well...

My 3030 battery does the same thing.... Still usable for me (never shows full on machines gauge)

If/When it dies I will load up the extra provided pack with Eneloop rechargeable.

Back
Top Bottom