good night at the beach

garviso8

Elite Member
went out last night to a local beach and arrived just before low tide as soon as the tide receded enough I went in to about ankle deep .the ocean at night gives me the willys :shock anyway this turned out to be my best beach hunt ever found two junk rings and one that passes the 18k acid test and gold tester machine test, sure is lite though .anyways also found a gopro buried about 1.5 feet in the wet sand , thee pairs of glasses one prescription and two sun glasses one is a pair raybans in good condition,usual coins [the felix pennies were discarded on the way out],:lol::lol: anyway I have a question would a thick layer of plating pass the acid and machine tester test? not convinced totally on this ring .all in all a great night for me .thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 415
Brass will pass 10k gold acid. But you can normally tell it’s color on the stone. Specific gravity test can be a good option.

Since you so rudely discarded the Felixes you will not officially get this:dingding: :p. Is the GoPro usable?

Since you so rudely discarded the Felixes you will not officially get this:dingding: :p. Is the GoPro usable?
yes, even saw the last day recorded on the beach great quality video this little camera is a beast, looks like they were on vacation seems to be waterproof .:yes:

An easy way to find if it is gold. REAL gold will leave a mark on the stone with very little effort. if you have to push down hard it is not gold. Practice with a ring you know is gold.

Congrats on getting out

An easy way to find if it is gold. REAL gold will leave a mark on the stone with very little effort. if you have to push down hard it is not gold. Practice with a ring you know is gold.

Congrats on getting out
took it to a pawn shop I do business with and they confirmed it is 18k,the lack of a stamp was probably due to a resizing job.

Back
Top Bottom