Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 03-23-2019, 05:04 PM

Default No. New York

With another foot dump of snow yesterday, it's going to be a little while longer before we can get out, but I wouldn't mind teaming up with someone from the St.Lawrence/Franklin county area. Hit me up if anyone's interested.... Meanwhile, I'll keep researching spots and hoping for Spring thaw....

Old 03-28-2019, 08:33 PM

St Lawrence County here, near Franklin County. Im healing from a broken leg right now but in a month or so I hope to be out there looking. Im new to this so if youre a veteran to digging, I could sure use some tips.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:29 PM

Sorry to hear about the leg, give it time and let it heal up right... I bought my Whites 6000 new back in the '80s, used it quite a bit back then, found some good stuff, but nothing to really write home about...Life happened and for years had other things that took my time, wife, kids, house, job. etc....So, I haven't used it in quite a while.....I recently retired, kids are grown and gone, so I have some free time now...Once I finish up sugaring for the season, I plan on getting out there, hoping for late April...If you want, hit me up when you're ready and we'll hit some spots.....

Old 03-31-2019, 07:24 PM
Elite Member

I live in St. Lawrence County in a small town between Ogdensburg and Gouverneur and have been in the hobby for many years. Most of the snow has melted but the ground is still frozen.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 PM

Sorry for not responding sooner...Sugaring's done for the season, yea.SkiWhiz, PM me if you want to meet up. I'm not too far from you, over in Moira...Looking forward to firing up the old 6000....