Is this normal behavior for the Equinox ?

I usually only use the pinpoint for sizing or to check for ferrous if it doesn't pinpoint in the same spot as the signal. Mine does it too, but it never bothered me. It usually goes loud after a few sweeps.

Are you all pressing the pinpoint button when your coil is away from the target? Don't have the Nox, but have the Xterra 705, and you must press the button with the coil away from the target or it will exhibit some of the same behaviour. Don't know if this is the same for the Nox. Good luck.

Yes. Ive always pinpointed away from the target.

I am guessing that all detectors null on a target and then grab onto whatever metal targets

are nearby making it a little wild to pinpoint. My Mxt and M6 do the same thing the Nox

does when pinpointing, but not the low volume thing.

This particular issue is a volume problem when pinpointing with the Nox.

It does not bother me that much, I was just concerned. I am going to try and see how I do

without using the pinpoint function next time I go out.

Mine does the same thing. As does my Etrac. It's pretty annoying but is one of those things I've just learned to cope with.

I have read and re-read (how many times?????) the pinpointing procedure. No matter how careful I am I still experience this pinpointing mess at least 1/3 of the time. It is annoying and makes retrieving targets a bit tedious sometimes since I can only use a screwdriver for recovery.

Jeff

Mine does it with both the standard coil and the 6" coil so I still believe it is a glitch in the programming.
It has happened on every hunt I have had where I used the pinpoint feature.
Again, I don't use the pinpoint all the time and it just happens once in awhile.
If it happened all the time, every time, that would be a real drag but it doesn't so we deal.

I am not an expert on programming but from what I can see this issue has been around since they released them and Minelab has to know about it.
They didn't address it or fix it with the last update...there is the possibility they can't and never will.

The F70's Patriot's and F75's all have a bug too, if you set notches and reverse out of them the screen will tell you you have no notches set...but nobody that owns them believes that because sometimes it isn't true.
We all just take a few seconds to do a factory reset to make sure.
Like I said...we just deal with it then move on.

When pinpointing The volume is very low to start off.

After I hit the pinpoint button I have to wait a few seconds for the volume to increase and

then I can pinpoint. While waiting I swing the coil over the target until the volume increases.

Its pretty frustrating...... :frustrated:

Yes, I have the most recent firmware version and I have done factory reset.
This seems to have coincided with installing the 6" coil and then putting the stock coil back on. This is happening with the the 11" coil.
Did not do this before I tried out the 6" coil.

:?:

My 600 has never done this. I noticed it quite a few times on the 800 today. I still say for the record that the Equinox pinpoints like !!!! compared to other detectors I have used through the years. But that is another thread.

Mine has always done it and it is a pain in the backside. Even if you hit pinpoint with the coil in the sky:shock:

Mine was doing that so I sent mine in for repair (to PA). They sent me a new control unit. It does the same thing, so I guess we're ok with what we got. I usually just go back to search mode and back to pinpoint and it works fine. Doesn't do it every time but when it does it's a pain.

I just discovered this pinpoint, lowered volume bug on my 800 yesterday at the beach. It does seem intermittent but as others have stated it fixes itself or I have to redo the pinpoint
procedure.

Back
Top Bottom