RED BOOK; 1852 (philly)
mint state condition
VF -20 $ 550
EF-40 $ 575
AU-50 $ 600
AU -55 $ 650
MS-60 $1600

I think many of those $1.00 gold coins weren't used much,
because of they were such small coins, (smaller than a dime)
many were made into jewelry.
So if you find one, it may very well be in good condition :?:
Unless it's like the one I found that was made into a pin,
with a pin hasp brazed on the reverse side, :mad:
I cannot see the mint mark.....:iwish:
1852 LIBERTY HEAD GOLD COIN stats :
designer, James B. Longacre
1.67 grams, composition .900 gold .100 copper
D- mint Dahlonega, Georgia......6,360 minted
C- mint Charlotte, North Carolina .....9,434 minted
O- mint New Orleans.....140,000 minted
Philadelphia (no mint mark) .........2,045,351 minted

Again, Awesome find and save, that coin is in great shape!
Glad it wasn't in a TOASTED condition like your user name :D
Welcome to the GOLD COIN CLUB !!
My book has it at $210 in VF condition:?:

Find of a lifetime for me this evening. Same 110 acre field where I have found a few coins scattered about including the William III copper posted earlier. Found a little hot spot with some early 19th century buttons scattered around. First coin from this area and obviously was not expecting this

You catch that with the deus? I’m assuming the HF coil on 28k-ish? Curious what your VDI rang that up as. I’m going with 40’s...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You catch that with the deus? I’m assuming the HF coil on 28k-ish? Curious what your VDI rang that up as. I’m going with 40’s...

9” LF coil 12khz with id norm on(18khz). It airtests around 60 but In the mineralized(fertilizer) farm field I just dig anything that probably isnt iron when Im in a good area and I pay little attention to numbers because they are always bouncy especially on lower conducters

9” LF coil 12khz with id norm on(18khz). It airtests around 60 but In the mineralized(fertilizer) farm field I just dig anything that probably isnt iron when Im in a good area and I pay little attention to numbers because they are always bouncy especially on lower conducters

Nice work! Congrats!

I might hang up my detector after a find like that. Well, probably not. Great find.

Holy Frijoles! WOW! WTG on the find of a lifetime! If it could only talk I'm sure the person who lost it was not happy about that!

Fantastic find and beautiful condition! Welcome to the gold coin club. You'll be walking around gloating and rightfully so for a good long while!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

:kingdances:

Man, huge congrats on that old gold! I would hate to see what I would do if I ever found a gold coin. You should have seen the way I was acting on finding a penny. :laughing:

Congrats and hope ya find more!

G2M

Back
Top Bottom