Enjoying some of the 'dated' proven performers.

Monte

"In Memory of"
By 'dated' I am referring to models I own and use that have been around for up to 25 years but are very reliable, solid-performing units for many applications.

The oldest pair of detectors I use are my Tesoro Bandido II microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX that were introduced in October of '97. I have a late-production White's XLT, but all the rest are newer AND affordable. Garrett Apex, XP ORX, Fisher F75+ and Fisher F19 Ltd., and a Nokta FORS Relic.

I just finished doing a little demonstration of my units here at the motel for two guys and their wives so they could compare handling and performance with their detectors. When we finished they could see why I like what I have and how they work, and were surprised about the cost of the different models compared with what they were using.

It helped emphasize why it is that I like Simple, Functional, and Performance-based detectors. It also pointed out how much more time they need to spend to read and learn what they have now. The wives were more interested in some of what I have.

One thing that seemed to stand out that some of them noticed was the better or more pleasant audio compared with some of their detectors.

Yes, I sure am pleased to have good detectors that work well.

Monte

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom