• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Going to be testing a used Garrett gti 2500

jaredb3000

I've been watching some videos and have a decent sense of how this unit works. Any specific regiment I might want to go about checking this out? Supposedly this has zero use and its original owner with receipts, and includes the eagle eye depth extension bit...

I have some experience with an equinox so I feel confident testing it out. I really like the looks of the screen interface... It makes sense with the way my brain works (I used to do audio engineering and I like seeing everything at once like a mixing board in an audio software it reminds me of...).

Any strong negatives about this or opinions on alternate models welcome! Otherwise I'll be digging around the forum tonight.

I've been watching some videos and have a decent sense of how this unit works. Any specific regiment I might want to go about checking this out? Supposedly this has zero use and its original owner with receipts, and includes the eagle eye depth extension bit...

I have some experience with an equinox so I feel confident testing it out. I really like the looks of the screen interface... It makes sense with the way my brain works (I used to do audio engineering and I like seeing everything at once like a mixing board in an audio software it reminds me of...).

Any strong negatives about this or opinions on alternate models welcome! Otherwise I'll be digging around the forum tonight.

I used one just a few minutes couple years ago. Two folks down the road from me have 2 units. They hardly ever use them.
So I can’t give any input to help you.
Good luck.

How did this go for you?

I just received a GTI 2500 and have logged a few hours on it now. It's a capable device, but definitely dated. Two things that I don't like is 1) the weight. Super heavy. 2) Recovery speed. Slow compared to my AT Pro.

I do feel like this unit could be difficult to learn for a beginner, but with some time and studying I think it would be ok.

I've decided I prefer hunting in All Metal mode vs using any of the discrimination modes, but wouldn't recommend this to a beginner either as it's noisy.

Only advice I'd give would be to make sure the sensitivity is not too high for the ground you're hunting or it'll false quite a bit (in discrimination mode)

I started off with an ace 250 and found enough to purchase a gentle used 2500. Found enough with that to put close to a grand towards my etrac maybe a dozen years ago. So yes the 2500 can find stuff. I really didn't find silver/gold in quantity until the etrac. The 2500 is heavy, but you can put the battery pack on a belt which helps. If you just want to coin shoot with a really pretty decent target ID, then it's a fine unit at the right price. HH

Back
Top Bottom