XP D2 Warranty-Water ingress

Diga

Elite Member
On another forum, someone mentioned that the D2's warranty doesn't cover flooding, but I didn't think that was right. So, I looked up XP's warranty policy. It says, the warranty does not cover "Corrosion of electronic circuits due to water ingress"

Huh?

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/page/warranty.php

Last edited:
I haven't heard of any Deus leaking or water intrusion..

My thoughts. Since the D2 is a separate pod and not a hand grip. This will make the D2 much less susceptible to leaking. I thought the build quality of the pod was good.

I think the main thing to watch will be the coils since it is pretty hard to pry some coil covers off after sand and shells get in. I have seen a couple beach vids of guys pulling off coil covers and i sure don't use their method:shock:. I do break my detector down and wash it all after hunts. The coil antenna does have some water in it that moves around. But so far doesn't affect anything. I do know if you do something you shouldn't have it appears you will eat that one. I know Whites was the best at being consumer friendly but that may be part of why they are gone.

On another forum, someone mentioned that the D2's warranty doesn't cover flooding, but I didn't think that was right. So, I looked up XP's warranty policy. It says, the warranty does not cover "Corrosion of electronic circuits due to water ingress"

Huh?

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/page/warranty.php

I’m pretty sure that water ingress part of the warranty is for the ws6 puck, not the remote. I’m also pretty sure TNSS contacted XP about this and that’s what they said. You may want to ask TNSS.
EDIT: found the response from XP on this and what I said above is correct. https://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=3366439&postcount=29

Thank you for that NCtoad.

Unfortunately, no where in XP's reply do they affirm that the remote (or anything else) will be covered under warranty for water intrusion. In fact, XP's reply is strangely vague.

Thank you for that NCtoad.

Unfortunately, no where in XP's reply do they affirm that the remote (or anything else) will be covered under warranty for water intrusion. In fact, XP's reply is strangely vague.
Very true. Otherwise they would make it official and legal into a new written warranty. When companies don't do this it is because there is / will be a problem and they know it. Might as well say no warranty , but that doesn't make good business sense.

Very true. Otherwise they would make it official and legal into a new written warranty. When companies don't do this it is because there is / will be a problem and they know it. Might as well say no warranty , but that doesn't make good business sense.

Their warranty policy does clearly state that there is no water intrusion warranty for their submersible detector. XP's reply merely dodged the question. That dodging doesn't exude confidence in their submersible detector.

This is XP's first submersible detector. Correct?

Their warranty policy does clearly state that there is no water intrusion warranty for their submersible detector. XP's reply merely dodged the question. That dodging doesn't exude confidence in their submersible detector.

This is XP's first submersible detector. Correct?
I'm not sure. Only XP product I've owned was the MI6 pinpointer. That worked very well.

since it is rated at 60 Feet depth I wouldn't worry too much as this would have already shown up considering how many have hit the market. Not like another brand that gets wet smelling the water hahahaha
Sure thing. I bet there are at least 1000 from this forum alone that dive down 60' with the D2 regularly.

Sure thing. I bet there are at least 1000 from this forum alone that dive down 60' with the D2 regularly.

What a classic I hate everyone kind of response. 😎 I know of several personally that dive with the Deus 2 past 30 ft and have had zero issues. I don't go that deep but zero issues for me also. I've seen a few videos of guys diving and getting in the waves with zero issues. So those are all good signs that they are sealed pretty well. Im sure the warranty is as good as it's ever been even though I personally have never needed it. Maybe you can round up all of your peeps (the 1000) on the forum that all own Deus 2 's that dive daily with them and have them respond with their results. 🤡

What a classic I hate everyone kind of response. 😎 I know of several personally that dive with the Deus 2 past 30 ft and have had zero issues. I don't go that deep but zero issues for me also. I've seen a few videos of guys diving and getting in the waves with zero issues. So those are all good signs that they are sealed pretty well. Im sure the warranty is as good as it's ever been even though I personally have never needed it. Maybe you can round up all of your peeps (the 1000) on the forum that all own Deus 2 's that dive daily with them and have them respond with their results. 🤡
Lol. It was meant as a joke. And you didn't get it. There hasn't even been 1000 worldwide that have been sold yet !🤣

In Da Hole,

Are you under the impression that no D2 will ever leak? If not, then how do propose a D2 owner will react when they find out that leaking is (allegedly) not covered under warranty?

Lol. It was meant as a joke. And you didn't get it. There hasn't even been 1000 worldwide that have been sold yet !🤣

Oh I got it lol. Seeing how you have been responding to Deus posts with sarcasm and stupidity ... Alot of clowns on the forums these days. Lmao.

In Da Hole,

Are you under the impression that no D2 will ever leak? If not, then how do propose a D2 owner will react when they find out that leaking is (allegedly) not covered under warranty?
I have no doubt that XP will warranty a remote if one gets flooded. I've seen 1 flood now and do swapped it out quickly. So far that's all I've seen. Xp has always taken care of their customers quickly. I will say I've needed alot of warranty service from many detector manufacturers but using a Deus for 10 years I never needed warranty service.

Oh I got it lol. Seeing how you have been responding to Deus posts with sarcasm and stupidity ... Alot of clowns on the forums these days. Lmao.

Sarcasm and stupidity along with self deprecation is my specialty ! My feeling is we need more laughter in life. So it doesn't bother if someone laughs AT me or WITH me. As long as you're laughing is what matters. But I can go the serious route as well. Glad you got the joke.😀

I wouldn't count on that considering how backordered they still are. LOL
Climb outta da hole ! Your probably right. But guess what ? Being backordered is Not a good thing. So will likely take 3-4 years for them to sell that many. In the meantime it then becomes old tech. Lol

You are new here , so welcome ! You are also late to the party as we all know about the leaky Nox issues and a few others. There are many good threads regarding Nox issues here.....Your Welcome

You don’t know how many Deus 2 units have sold in the USA or worldwide. Best I can tell there are 2 distributors for Xp in USA. Has there been 1000 units old in USA already? High chance. Maybe more than twice that number. Based on something I heard around 6 weeks ago. Worldwide - yeah the numbers might surprise you. I have no idea.

Funny thing about Deus 2.
Seems the ones complaining the most or making things up as they go along are folks who don’t actually have the units.

Myself I try not to talk much about units I don’t have.

Xp seems is a very reputable company. I have been using their equipment since 2013.

Back
Top Bottom