Found a spur at a civl war site

Barneymartin3

Found this spur at a known civil war skirmish site. Is it Civil War time period?

Attachments

• Spur.jpg
    Spur.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 560
In looking at Bob Baird's book "Confederate, US and Other Civil War Used Spurs", on page 107 he shows a spur that looks very much like yours. He calls it "a US Model 1859 spur with the applied stippling over the outside surface." Sorry but I don't know how to post a pic for you.

In looking at Bob Baird's book "Confederate, US and Other Civil War Used Spurs", on page 107 he shows a spur that looks very much like yours. He calls it "a US Model 1859 spur with the applied stippling over the outside surface." Sorry but I don't know how to post a pic for you.

Here ya' go:

iu

thats a heck of a find. I rarely see them posted this complete as well!

Those kind of Civil War finds give me goosebumps! Holding history in your hands…priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this spur at a known civil war skirmish site. Is it Civil War time period?

It’s absolutely reflective of that time period! The engraving is unique, most are just solid (mass produced) which more than likely means it was a somewhat important person/someone the meant something to someone. What an awesome find, couldn’t imagine holding something like that fresh out of the ground :wow:

Thanks for posting that pic. I wish I was more computer literate but at my age I just give up.

Remember what the Terminator said "Old, but not obsolete" :lol:

I'm not to savvy myself, but it's not that hard (if I can do it).

Right click on a pic, then click on "copy image address"

In a post click on the yellow Photo (looks more like a postcard) above the text box, then paste what you copied into it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-03 175309.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-03 175309.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 534

As a former mounted cavalry Civil War reenactor, for over 25 years, you just found what I would crawl over broken glass, to find, ha. That is a great find and yes, it is absolutely CW period.
Congratulations.:D

Back
Top Bottom