Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 06-23-2022, 10:58 PM
Banned

Location: Like I would tell you, so you can find the 500 million in Gold before I do!

Originally Posted by chillforlife View post
I'm surprised since you own the best of the best and with all the millions you've made that your grounds keeper can't keep up with all your dandelions in your yard. I could have one of my people fly back there and put a little weed and feed on that wreck.
Thank you for the attention, bad publicity is better than none! Keep my name out there!

Old 06-24-2022, 10:44 AM
Elite Member

It's good to hear that you are not crazy. Also it's good to hear that Minelab work through the situation and that they offered you a different pod. Much cheaper to buy a different pod than a whole new unit. Also on June 30th barring any unforeseen issues I will be at the same place we met last time. FYI

oldest coin to date 1773 4 Maravedies
2022/(4) silver coins (1) silver jewelry (0) gold jewelry (5)IHP (4) tokens

Old 06-24-2022, 11:34 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Dan B. View post
It's good to hear that you are not crazy. Also it's good to hear that Minelab work through the situation and that they offered you a different pod. Much cheaper to buy a different pod than a whole new unit. Also on June 30th barring any unforeseen issues I will be at the same place we met last time. FYI
Well, I guess I may still be crazyjust not about the detector misbehaving : Exactly my thoughts - I知 happy to replace the pod over a new detector any day.

I値l be happy to meet out there again! Not sure if I値l receive the new unit by the 30th, but if not, and you can still loan the Ace, I値l do the driving again

Oldest coin: 1834 Matron Head Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter
Oldest foreign coin: 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny

Equinox 800 w/Steve痴 Detector Rods Complete Shaft & Herke Cuff; Pro Pointer II
Detecting Since 4/2017 - Addicted Since 5/2017

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:49 AM
Elite Member

Sounds like a very satisfactory conclusion to your issue.

I have two out of warranty 800s that could go nuts too so I appreciate you sharing and detailing your experience. I will definitely keep a close eye on mine for signs of erratic behavior.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:49 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by AirmetTango View post
Well, I guess I may still be crazyjust not about the detector misbehaving : Exactly my thoughts - I知 happy to replace the pod over a new detector any day.

I値l be happy to meet out there again! Not sure if I値l receive the new unit by the 30th, but if not, and you can still loan the Ace, I値l do the driving again
Never a problem never a charge! I'll keep you posted.

oldest coin to date 1773 4 Maravedies
2022/(4) silver coins (1) silver jewelry (0) gold jewelry (5)IHP (4) tokens

Old 06-25-2022, 02:13 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by jmaclen View post
Sounds like a very satisfactory conclusion to your issue.

I have two out of warranty 800s that could go nuts too so I appreciate you sharing and detailing your experience. I will definitely keep a close eye on mine for signs of erratic behavior.
Yes, I知 very pleased with the experience overall, jmaclen. The process was very transparent - once evaluation of my unit began, it was very easy to track progress. The reports from the tester had more detail than I expected, and showed diligence and care for diagnosing the machine. The tester also answered all questions that I asked through the on-line portal, and I had those answers by the next business day or sooner. The fact that they are sending back the new battery that I purchased for my old pod says something about their principles also, in my opinion. Since the new pod comes with its own new battery, they could have easily made a believable case that my battery needed to stay with the surrendered pod. Lastly, on the two occasions that I called their facility, the representative was very friendly, helpful, and competent. In my opinion, the quality of the process and the positive end result easily off-set the minor wait that I initially experienced.

Hopefully your 800s stay healthy and trouble free - but I think you can have full confidence in Minelab service through Detector Center if you ever need it.

Oldest coin: 1834 Matron Head Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:47 PM

Glad to hear that your experience went well. Customer service is a make or break situation that too many companies fail to realize.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:40 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by OBN View post
About 8 years ago it would have taken months for a repair, and that was when KellyCo did the repairs.

Little history on the repair center..
2017.....Keith of Fort Bedford detectors stepped up and took on the job. A Minelab rep came into town and approved the new repair center once it was built. Keith turned things around for Minelab USA repairs, from Months to weeks.
I would imagine right now they are fairly backed up for it being the busiest time of year and I was told some time back they were having backorders on supplies, not sure about now. And I do know he likes to keep the two businesses separate, at one time he had 3 employees and himself..

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009050094833
I don't think some on here know how small Kellyco's repair center was. Went there a couple times in person. My repair center is bigger

Old 06-29-2022, 11:55 AM
Supporter

The new control pod arrived this morning, so I知 back in business! Along with my old coil, they also sent back my recently purchased battery from my old control pod (the new pod has its own fresh battery). Notice they also salvaged my old screen protector and sent it back, taped gently to the temporary protective plastic on the pod face. I have a new one that I plan to use, but cool that they took the extra effort - it shows an attention to detail that is often lacking in customer service.
Attached Images

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:39 PM
OldCherryPicker

Good to see all is back to normal and everyone is Happy..

2022.. Gold rings 3 .. Silver 8