• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

DEUS 2 vs CTX 3030

Nice TA! Seems like long hair and Trans Ams went together back in the day. :lol:

The Rattlehead, and his 1999 Trans Am. I don't have both in the same picture so this will have to do.
Beautiful car. The raw power of cars back then was totally different than cars of today. I believe there were only 842 made of my car. Don't know how many survivors are out there , making it a rare car.

Beautiful car. The raw power of cars back then was totally different than cars of today. I believe there were only 842 made of my car. Don't know how many survivors are out there , making it a rare car.

Thanks and no doubt. To me, the best looking classic F-Body was the early 2nd Gens. The Trans Am models like yours, and the split bumper Camaros with the round taillights.

What is so amazing about the 5150 is that it's the 1st solar powered detector to hit the market. It charges itself while you hunt in the sun. The coil , pod , and unique "sunphones" are all solar powered and last for 5,150 minutes on a single charge. Prop it next to my nightstand or tv and it charges through bluetooth ! Only downside is it cost a crazy $5,150 and the warranty is 5150 feet or 5150 seconds. Whichever comes first. I haven't found any gold yet , but rest assured , this is the last detector I will ever buy !

Does the 5150 have a dive package or do you have to modify it ? Asking for a friend. :cool3:

Does the 5150 have a dive package or do you have to modify it ? Asking for a friend. :cool3:
Included with a very nice collapsible shaft with no wires because it's solar. Diveable to 5150 millimeters !

I agree! Having both machines is an added Bonus!! Myself, I have the CTX3030,
Equinox 800, and the XP Deus 2. I’ve found incredible stuff with all 3 machines.
I got the Deus 2 for the possibilities to find missed stuff at some of My best spots that I’ve hammered with both the CTX and Nox.
I started returning to yards that produced the best Silver and older coins. The first yard I found a couple tax tokens that were missed. This yard had also been hunted by two other people after Me.
The next was My eye opener. In Deep HC and the Reactivity and Sensitivity tweaked, I ended up after 4 return hunts pulling 8 older Wheats, an 1800’s Indian and 2 Mercs in heavy iron and trash.
Now, whether I just got lucky or not, to Me that showed A lot. I haven’t put the Deus 2 down since I got it. Yes the CTX got Me some extreme depth, but I’m getting very good depth with My Deus 2 set the way I have it.
Will I never swing My Nox, or CTX again? I’m sure I’ll get them out once in awhile, but if I can go over My own tracks, and yards that have been pounded and find stuff, I’m sure I’ll be using the Deus 2 often.
As for technological aspects, I’m clueless, but from hunting with it in hand, I’m impressed.
Definitely not cutting any of the 3 machines I own down. They all do very Good. I do however feel that the Deus 2 has given Me an upper hand.
Whichever way this info goes or however it’s interpreted, We can find Great finds with any 3 of these machines. Happy Hunting!!!

Equinox 800, and the XP Deus 2. I’ve found incredible stuff with all 3 machines.
I got the Deus 2 for the possibilities to find missed stuff at some of My best spots that I’ve hammered with both the CTX and Nox.
I started returning to yards that produced the best Silver and older coins. The first yard I found a couple tax tokens that were missed. This yard had also been hunted by two other people after Me.
The next was My eye opener. In Deep HC and the Reactivity and Sensitivity tweaked, I ended up after 4 return hunts pulling 8 older Wheats, an 1800’s Indian and 2 Mercs in heavy iron and trash.
Now, whether I just got lucky or not, to Me that showed A lot. I haven’t put the Deus 2 down since I got it. Yes the CTX got Me some extreme depth, but I’m getting very good depth with My Deus 2 set the way I have it.
Will I never swing My Nox, or CTX again? I’m sure I’ll get them out once in awhile, but if I can go over My own tracks, and yards that have been pounded and find stuff, I’m sure I’ll be using the Deus 2 often.
As for technological aspects, I’m clueless, but from hunting with it in hand, I’m impressed.
Definitely not cutting any of the 3 machines I own down. They all do very Good. I do however feel that the Deus 2 has given Me an upper hand.
Whichever way this info goes or however it’s interpreted, We can find Great finds with any 3 of these machines. Happy Hunting!!!

There are so many variables, and so many styles of metal detecting!

The D2 in iron is amazing. There are many good detectors. Whoever releases the next detector, it will be torn down, picked apart and spewed on by FB and forum members all the while never having used it for any length of time or at all. The 3 that you mention are all superb and will get you the goods.

Whoever releases the next detector, it will be torn down, picked apart and spewed on by FB and forum members all the while never having used it for any length of time or at all.

Yep, that is certain. It will likely also be over-hyped by a large number of people on FB and forums. As always, the truth will be somewhere in between.

Yep, that is certain. It will likely also be over-hyped by a large number of people on FB and forums. As always, the truth will be somewhere in between.
If there was a detector that projected a polaroid pic, showing a trime underneath a car, weighed 3 oz with a 1 year warranty. Forums would focus on the 1 year warranty. Or, the lower stem, cuff, the angle of the control head. The box it was packaged in was too big. The stand on the backside of the cuff is too narrow. No one would comment on how it can show you a trime underneath a car.

Then you would see people complain about paying a premium price. Yet people will pay a grand for a 3 or 4 night stay in a hotel where all you do is sleep. Or buy a starbucks coffee everyday for 8 bucks which you will literally piss away. If you did buy one everyday for 365 that's almost $3k.

Back
Top Bottom