Quest detector

SkiWhiz, I am curious why the X10?

Monte
why not, it is orange my favorite color and it was only $199.00 Seriously though I did only have a couple hundred dollars to work with and I wanted to compare it to the Nokta/Makro Simplex+.

SkiWhiz: said:
why not, it is orange my favorite color and it was only $199.00 Seriously though I did only have a couple hundred dollars to work with and I wanted to compare it to the Nokta/Makro Simplex+.
Hey, you know what, I really like the orange color as well. That was what caught my eye with White's MX-7, the Bengal Orange color.

The N/M Simplex +, especially with the 5X9½ DD coil, is a very tough detector to beat in the cost Vs quality and performance categories. I will be watching to see your comments. Where did you buy it, US or elsewhere?

I thought about an upper-end model early on but heard from a few people that it was basically like a T2 with very similar performance. Since I had a unit that already beat out the T2, no sense for me to get one. Too bad they are not handled in the USA.

Monte

Hey, you know what, I really like the orange color as well. That was what caught my eye with White's MX-7, the Bengal Orange color.

The N/M Simplex +, especially with the 5X9½ DD coil, is a very tough detector to beat in the cost Vs quality and performance categories. I will be watching to see your comments. Where did you buy it, US or elsewhere?

I thought about an upper-end model early on but heard from a few people that it was basically like a T2 with very similar performance. Since I had a unit that already beat out the T2, no sense for me to get one. Too bad they are not handled in the USA.

Monte
I ordered it from serious_detecting in Michigan.

Not making this thread political but have we changed our way of thinking about slave labor?
I have no idea of where Quest detectors are made, I assumed in the States as they are sold by a few big name detectors distributors. Believe me that I would not support anything that has to do with slave labor, matter of fact that is why I never buy Nike sneakers.

Quest detectors, pinpointers, and wireless headphones/transmitters are made in China.

I really like their wireless headphones especially the ones that work with the XP DEUS, DEUS 2 and ORX audio modules.

Their pinpointers are okay.

Their original detectors somehow used T2 software which was accidentally, according to Quest/Deteknix, used without permission from First Texas who sued twice since Quest/Deteknix broke the terms of the first court settlement.

I owned a Q40 for awhile. It was a decent detector but nothing special. I still prefer the Simplex.

I highly recommend the original X10. I have the first X10 (the new one is waterproof and a different freq) I also had 2 simplexes. My buddy had the X10 and a simplex. We both believe the X10 is better. It won't beat the S at everything but it will on many. Most of the people slamming Quest have: never used one or only want the popular one or hated that it's made in China or the fact that years ago they stole tech from fisher. (I believe nokta/makro have copied fisher and the ML).
I'd really like to try the waterproof one just to compare but I'm trying to get past my buying problem. If it's as good as the original then it is a great detector loaded with features and now submersible to boot.

I have the Q30 it does good in iron. I like it better than some detectors that people claim to be the the greatest detector ever made.

you mean Tesoro ,and Chinese made detectors might be as good at finding
stuff as the greatest detector ever made? well! now! who woulda thunk that?
ehe! heh! heh!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

you mean Tesoro ,and Chinese made detectors might be as good at finding
stuff as the greatest detector ever made? well! now! who woulda thunk that?
ehe! heh! heh!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

The Equinox is made not very far from China. So the labor force are about the same. I have found things with the Quest that the Equinox couldn't find.

Just to give another side of the story, I have found targets with an Equinox, Legend and Deus 2 that any Quest detector or any other single frequency VLF detector would miss where I detect. It is great to have choices. If Quest manages to make a high quality simultaneous multi frequency detector someday, I would be willing to at least try it out.

For let's say 70%? of the country, smf won't find much more than a good single freq machine. The X10 weighs 1 ounce more than the deus, has ground balance, multiple tone choices, depth, 0-99 vid, rechargeable ++++ and now it's submersible for $200 😳
We all know there's pluses and minus to every detector but this is a great one for anyone that doesn't need smf.

Single Frequency or Simultaneous Multi, they might work or might not and the main consideration isn't the number of frequencies, it is mainly the overall circuitry design. That includes how the GB is tied in with BOTH the true All Metal mode and the motion-based Discriminate mode.

I use both, but mainly rely on my SF units compared with the SMF device. Search coil choices are also very important, and checking on-line I do not see a smaller-size coil for the Quest units and I rely a lot on smaller coils followed by a mid-size coil.

Monte

Received the x10 detector this afternoon. Only got to mess around with it in my yard for a few minutes after work because we had a bad storm coming our way. Anyways it seems to be made fairly well, it is very light weight, the coil is a nice size, although there are no cam locks there is still no play while swinging it. I turned the sensitivity down quite a bit and still got good air test results. The display is nice and has just the right amount of features in my opinion. I haven't tried it on a real hunt yet but have a feeling that it is going to do well.

Back
Top Bottom