Good hybrid water and land detector

FLOOD

Forum Supporter
If I was to invest in a newer detector, can you offer some possible choices that would allow me to do my usual walks in the park, or fields, and also allow me to try using a detector around water, like beaches or creeks where I may want to just get the coil area and a little bit of the shaft wet? Also what would be a reasonable price for something like this if I was looking for good, versus top of the line…I’m not sure how much I can afford to spend. My first detector, which seems to work pretty good is a Teknetics Eurotek which I bought a few years ago, totally in the blind as to its construction quality or detecting ability. I seem to find plenty of targets, both junk and good items, but I’m not sure if I’m missing targets though, because it may not detect like some of the newer models. I think I would like to try a little around water to expand my experiences. Thanks

Nokta/makro Simplex, which is actually waterproof, or the minelab vanquish series which cannot be submerged. Those would be my top choices.

I would throw in the minelab equinox or the legend (not sure who makes this). You get a lot of bang for the buck and they are waterproof

If you're talking about saltwater beaches you'll want a smf model. Vanquish, equinox, legend.
If not then you probably won't find a great deal more than you are now but there are other advantages such as weight, tones and other feature that will make your hobby more enjoyable. That can only be answered by what's important to you.

Thanks for the comments. I did some research, watched some videos, and read other forum posts, and decided to get the Nokta Simplex. I ordered one last night with a package, and will be giving it a try in a few areas I've already hit with my current detector. I am hoping I have good results, the comments on this detector seem to be very positive, and although it has a lot of features, it looks like it will be fun and not too difficult to learn how to use it, and find some things. I'm excited about getting it

If you're talking about saltwater beaches you'll want a smf model. Vanquish, equinox, legend.
If not then you probably won't find a great deal more than you are now but there are other advantages such as weight, tones and other feature that will make your hobby more enjoyable. That can only be answered by what's important to you.

Great info here! If you're going to hunt I saltwater beach you have to have a multi-frequency to be able to handle the salt. That being said, a Nokta Makro Legend is an OUTSTANDING multifrequency for the $!

Congrats on the Simplex. It folds down compactly, is ruggedly built, and does just what it is supposed, find metal.

Update

Thanks for the comments. I did some research, watched some videos, and read other forum posts, and decided to get the Nokta Simplex. I ordered one last night with a package, and will be giving it a try in a few areas I've already hit with my current detector. I am hoping I have good results, the comments on this detector seem to be very positive, and although it has a lot of features, it looks like it will be fun and not too difficult to learn how to use it, and find some things. I'm excited about getting it

Hello FLOOD,

I'm looking to purchase my first detector and have similar requirements as what you posted. (Suitable for land and shallow water, such as the beach and streams...)

Just wondering if you had a chance to test out the Simplex and if you would recommend it.

I would throw in the minelab equinox or the legend (not sure who makes this). You get a lot of bang for the buck and they are waterproof

Equinox Series being waterproof is debatable. I haven't had any issues with mine though.

Back
Top Bottom