Help locate owner?

bazooka

Hey guys, I found a class ring at Galveston years ago and have tried several times trying to find the owner and keep hitting dead ends. I'm hoping someone could help me think of a different angle.

Class of 1997.
"Billy Travis" is inscribed inside.
"Billy" is in heavy lettering on the side.
"EET" is in heavy lettering on the other side. I assume these are the initials of the school, but my internet searches keep coming up with nothing. I figure it's referring to Electrical Engineering Tech or something like that, but I can't find a school with those initials.

And Billy Travis was also a well known wrestler and a popular name. And I presume his legal name isn't Billy. Could be Bill or William? I've tried searching various ways and keep coming up with nothing. I don't know if this is a high school or college ring.

This ring is burning a hole in my treasure box because it needs to be reunited!

I gave them a call and she couldn't find him. I'm guess there are a lot of EET programs so it could literally be anywhere.

How about this... this is in the center of the stone. I don't know if it's generic or if it specific to the school. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20220131_104659 copy.jpg
    20220131_104659 copy.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 576
I don't think I've ever seen an actual class ring that didn't have the school name or at least the initials or mascot on it...

Sounds like a job for Midwest Refinery :laughing: okay, totally semi-joking, good luck with the return!

I think you're probably right, although I don't sell my finds. I hoard them in my treasure chest and take them out once in a while and roll around on the ground throwing them in the air screaming "IT'S MINE, IT'S ALLLL MIIIINEE!!!!"

I think I've done my due diligence trying to find this guy. He probably doesn't even remember owning this ring by now.

My story on this same type of thing with an ironic twist... Found a female gold class ring from a local catholic high school that has since gone under as the parents could no longer afford the 10-12,000 a year.
Local park down the first base line... Called the school was more than happy to return it with the understanding they locate the owner... After leaving messages and finally getting a return call from an extremely rude staff member I sold the ring for melt...

AFTER they said the name engraved never went there that year...I am sure ZERO effort was made... back then I had to grab the yellow pages and called around 10 people with same name no luck...was melt time as this turned from an exciting find to a ring I wanted to sell...

The ironic twist... my kids ended up going there for high school because the indistrict high school for my kids had been changed to some really bad school...
Well the funny part... my kids both ended up having a ton of issues with her and several people complained about her... I never let her know that I had called after observing her behavior...

I looked to see if ClassRingFinders ws still a "thing". Seems the website is gone, but found a FaceBook page, for those who use FB.

Back
Top Bottom