• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gardiner Explosive & New Austrian Bullets

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
I thought I would post a little bit of my own eye candy for all those relic hunters out there. These are Gettysburg campaign. The Gardiners are before the battle Dan Sickles Federal 3rd Corps Camp. The New Austrians were on Lee's retreat from Ewell's 2nd corps ANV.

Attachments

• Coffee table 013.jpg
    Coffee table 013.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 435
  • Coffee table 016.jpg
    Coffee table 016.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Coffee table 018.jpg
    Coffee table 018.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Coffee table 019.jpg
    Coffee table 019.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
I dug out some of my rare stuff & took some pictures. Enjoy every one.:grin:

Attachments

• Coffee table 013.jpg
    Coffee table 013.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Coffee table 016.jpg
    Coffee table 016.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Coffee table 018.jpg
    Coffee table 018.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 353
  • Coffee table 019.jpg
    Coffee table 019.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 353
  • Coffee table 022.jpg
    Coffee table 022.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Nice bullets. I looking forward to finding my first common bullet, let alone something that nice.

Doug

Btw

By the way, did you personally dig those gems?

There was this fellow who lived Dinwiddie County, Virginia (Next to Petersburg) who dug a super rare .54 caliber Gardiner Explosive in a field next to his house. He showed it to me at the Gettysburg CW Show about 8 years ago and wanted $750.00 for it. I was spent out and did not buy it; what a mistake. I should have gone right to the bank.

Odd thing with his find, he did not dig any other civil war relics in the field. Sure left me scratching my head.

Sometime this week, I'll take some pics of some of my rarer ammunition, just for eye candy.

Everthing I post I've recovered myself

Yes I did recover them. Every thing I'm posting I dug myself. Everthing in my galleries I have also dug. I have never had to pay to hunt relics either. The really cool thing is I know the location where everything came out of the ground. I think those were for .54 cal muzzle loaders & .52cal Sharps. Both of mine are.58 cal. I found them at 3rd corps camps. I know this-the one still has writing on the base. The one spot... guys got into a fist fight about who's camp it was & the farmer wouldn't let any one on to dig for ten years. A buddy of mine kept going back & talking to him & he let up & gave us permission to dig. I've dug three of them, but I traded my buddy one for a Gettysburg plate. I think it's a even trade. He saw me dig the black bullet & I saw him dig the plate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom