New place should turn up some Civil War Relics!

RelicHunterNGA

Im pretty excited! A buddy of mine owns about 25 acres here in Georgia. I will call it a "secret location" for now. It is where a lot of Civil War activity took place. His family has owned it since the 30's and the family before them owned it during the Civil War. To his knowledge, it hasnt ever been detected. Im going to give it a shot tomorrow afternoon for a few hours and see if it turns out some relics and give the 12X10 DD a workout.

Good luck!! My family owns land in Cassville, Ga. I knew the civil war came through the area, but I did not believe it came close to my parents land until the neighbors told me the history of the area. All it took was 20 mins and 50 ft from the house and I started finding bullets Etc.. Been hooked and hunting that area for 4 weeks now. The 10x12 has pulled up deep targets for me. Although the bullets have been no more than 5" so far. I pulled a shotgun shell at 12" yesterday.

I hope to find some stuff...I have some pretty high hopes for this spot! I will keep everyone posted on the finds tomorrow.

Im gonna let it warm up just alittle more and then Im heading to this spot today. I'll keep y'all posted. After today I should be able to have my review of the new coil and will post that too.

Well, today I didnt find anything worth bragging about... What I did find was old, but just old junk. I only scratched the surface on this property and will be back. I covered maybe 2 acres in about 4 hours. Still 23 acres to search. The 12X10 DD performed good. A few things I didnt like... Pinpointing is a little more difficult with the detector. My holes had to be a little bigger than normal. I dont really know if the coil allowed me to pick up deeper targets? I did however find part of an old metal bucket about a foot deep. It was a larger target though. For those that thought it would miss the small targets, it did not. It could pick up about a half inch of a nail at 5". But the things I found ranged from nails, old misc. Iron farming parts, cans, old shotgun shells... But no real goodies. Hopefully, I will be able to show y'all some stuff soon from this property. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

Forgot to add, ground balancing with the 12X10 was alittle more difficult over the 9X8... Dont really know why but it just took alittle longer. But overall I was impressed with the new coil.

Back
Top Bottom