Pinpointer tip protectors

When we switched to the TRX, the case did not strike me as particularly heavy duty, so I used bought a tip protector...Not sure if I need it, but they are not expensive and certainly don't do any harm...

As powerful/sensitive as our TRXs are, I wouldn't think any tip protectors are needed. Not for me anyway. I bought one of the first TRXs and the tip still looks great.

I guess I'm lucky to have sandy loam soil to dig in. I have never worn out the tip of my PP. Only time I dig in rocks or gravel is when I come across an old soil covered parking area. I have never really dug around with my PP, just pass over locate.;):D

As powerful/sensitive as our TRXs are, I wouldn't think any tip protectors are needed. Not for me anyway. I bought one of the first TRXs and the tip still looks great.

My TRX is still solid too, but my first black Garretts is also. I still say, it is how you use a pinpointer

I have used pi pointers longer then most or all of you.
I have never damaged one and never had one go bad.
It’s a pin pointer. Not a digger, that’s what we have diggers for.
At $150 for one I’d be treating a little better. It’s doesn't help raking it over stones and rocks.
I have Three pinpointers.
One older black garrett.
And two White’s TRX’S Bullseys. One as a baackup because of White going out of buisnesd.
Treat your pinpointer with respect.
Doug

If I buy a new pinpointer, I make sure to buy the tips FIRST. I've worn 3-4 carrots down to the point where they had holes in them. I will never let that happen again. Your coil on your machine has a cover right? Well why not the little handheld coil? I bought 3 for like 10$ and they sent me a few stickers. I lost one and the other two are still going strong. I'll buy 3 more soon, as I might have another backup carrot on the way. They aren't neccessary, but they will keep the tip of your pointer looking brand new.

Back
Top Bottom