• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My 6 year old kicked my #$% Today

Metal Hunting

Today I put the waders on and spent a couple hours in the cold lake and managed to find the normal mix of trash and a couple of bucks. Mean while my wife and 6 year old were walking the dogs in the park adjacent to the beach. My daughter came running and yelling for me to come back to shore with the biggest smile on her face. She proudly passed me a beautiful little 10k ring she found in a puddle on the side walk! She laughed all the way home and made fun of me how she found a gold ring without a metal detector. 😅

The best day out yet I was so proud of her.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-132819_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-132819_Gallery.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Omg I didn't even think about that, I just thought it was a random drop I didn't even check the area I was out in the lake 😳I'm going to have go back and check.

I found one very similar to the one your daughter found... I did not find the diamond ring that went with it... although I did find two other gold rings in the area... I remember that hunt well 3 gold rings in 45 minutes then the wife saying she was bored so I had to take her home.. I hunt alone now :lol:

I found one very similar to the one your daughter found... I did not find the diamond ring that went with it... although I did find two other gold rings in the area... I remember that hunt well 3 gold rings in 45 minutes then the wife saying she was bored so I had to take her home.. I hunt alone now :lol:

lMAO!! Never invited the Queen to go with His Majesty....that was yer first mistake!

And Royal Congrats to metalhunting's daughter!:laughing::laughing:

lMAO!! Never invited the Queen to go with His Majesty....that was yer first mistake!

And Royal Congrats to metalhunting's daughter!:laughing::laughing:

I didn't invite her... she wanted to see what the hobby was all about that was my mistake :lol: I was in a trough looking for a diamond bracelet a women lost.. didn't find the bracelet but had fun...

What ticked me off was I figured I would go back the next low tide cycle which I did but the trough filled in with 2 feet of sand :roll:

That was over 10 years ago and I have never made that mistake again :D

I didn't invite her... she wanted to see what the hobby was all about that was my mistake [emoji38] :D

you would think with three gold rings and 45 minutes that she might want to encourage that hobby. I guess you never said she discouraged it though. And you're still going so party on!

k2gleaner

you would think with three gold rings and 45 minutes that she might want to encourage that hobby. I guess you never said she discouraged it though. And you're still going so party on!

k2gleaner

She doesn't like gold... I don't even show her my gold finds anymore because I don't want to hear when are you going to sell it.. she can have all the silver but the gold is mine... I told her to take a second job if she needs more money :lol:

Back
Top Bottom