Deus question

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Here is one I have not ran into before. I have recently update my Deus to V5.2 I updated the remote, 4 coils as well a set of WS5 headphones. I have recently acquired a second set of WS5 headphones I would like to pair with this unit so I will need to update them to V5.2 (the second headphones are currently at V4.1) My question is will I need to re update everything again? I mean it is not really a big deal other than I will need to fully charge everything before doing so. My plan was to have everything charged and on hand just in case I needed to go that route but thought I would see if anyone else has done this before and may have some tips.

Here is one I have not ran into before. I have recently update my Deus to V5.2 I updated the remote, 4 coils as well a set of WS5 headphones. I have recently acquired a second set of WS5 headphones I would like to pair with this unit so I will need to update them to V5.2 (the second headphones are currently at V4.1) My question is will I need to re update everything again? I mean it is not really a big deal other than I will need to fully charge everything before doing so. My plan was to have everything charged and on hand just in case I needed to go that route but thought I would see if anyone else has done this before and may have some tips.

Choppa,
Only the headphone module should need updating so it can be used with your other coils and remotes.
Now, your remote you use to update your version 4.x headphone module, may indeed get updated again. No harm here at all though.

Btw, there is no longer a requirement to have coils fully charged when updating.
Instead the correct protocol now is to have a charging clip attached to the coil being updated with clip providing charge current.
You will be able to change your clip from coil to coil as you say update multiple coils, due to the prompts issued during update process..Good idea to have all coils near your computer in the same room with you during the update process.

I just reviewed xp’s Site.
It still does reflect components need to be charged fully for update.
I sure didn’t have my coils fully charged and followed instructions during update and have had no problems. Did have my remote and headphone module so charged though.

Last edited:
Choppa,
Only the headphone module should need updating so it can be used with your other coils and remotes.
Now, your remote you use to update your version 4.x headphone module, may indeed get updated again. No harm here at all though.

Btw, there is no longer a requirement to have coils fully charged when updating.
Instead the correct protocol now is to have a charging clip attached to the coil being updated with clip providing charge current.
You will be able to change your clip from coil to coil as you say update multiple coils, due to the prompts issued during update process..Good idea to have all coils near your computer in the same room with you during the update process.

yes, That is about what I figured. I will post a follow up afterwards.
Also, I had heard that the earlier updates such as 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 were no longer available but see them on the update drop down menu when I did V5.2.

yes, That is about what I figured. I will post a follow up afterwards.
Also, I had heard that the earlier updates such as 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 were no longer available but see them on the update drop down menu when I did V5.2.

The previous versions are available indeed.

The previous versions are available indeed.

Well that is good news! I just may go back to V4.1 on my remote long enough to put one of my coils back to V4.1 and keep my new headphones on V4.1 and thus have 2 units each with their own version. This were a couple of killer programs that I had on V4.1 that just do not seem to work as well as the newer versions.
I have noticed that my MI6 does not do well in the V5.2 program. It has worked great in all the other updates and has never given me an issue but in V5.2 it falses, is erratic and even after adjusting the sensitivity it is no where near as sensitive as it was in earlier versions.

Well that is good news! I just may go back to V4.1 on my remote long enough to put one of my coils back to V4.1 and keep my new headphones on V4.1 and thus have 2 units each with their own version. This were a couple of killer programs that I had on V4.1 that just do not seem to work as well as the newer versions.
I have noticed that my MI6 does not do well in the V5.2 program. It has worked great in all the other updates and has never given me an issue but in V5.2 it falses, is erratic and even after adjusting the sensitivity it is no where near as sensitive as it was in earlier versions.

Sounds good Choppa.
Just don’t get your components mixed up by accident and grab a unmatched set and take a road trip. Could be fatal.

Back
Top Bottom