Clad Coin Conversion

diggin4clad

Elite Member
With the 2018 hunt season over, I've put away the detectors and cashed in my clad. Finds were down this year but I was still able to add a decent amount of junk silver to my holdings....17 dollars in face value. With additional money I bought myself a nice looking 1900 Half Eagle gold coin.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Thats AWESOME! Clad hunting is so much Fun!! Your CS reject tray silver haul was outstanding too! Hey D4C, its gonna be warming up this coming weekend, dirt should unthaw even!...you might should catch a few more hunts?

Thats AWESOME! Clad hunting is so much Fun!! Your CS reject tray silver haul was outstanding too! Hey D4C, its gonna be warming up this coming weekend, dirt should unthaw even!...you might should catch a few more hunts?
Thanks Mud, I'm always hoping for a thaw BUT....I've kind of put that dream to rest....IT"S OVER !

Thanks Mud, I'm always hoping for a thaw BUT....I've kind of put that dream to rest....IT"S OVER !

I hear you Dee4Cee!..I tell myself: "A Lady must always know when to leave a party"....Its prudent survival and ROE (return on effort) strategy in all sorts of situations...As it applies to us...

All the dirt coins in your AO will still be there in March/April..easier to get, safer and faster...

Nice work and beautiful coin!
Thanks

I hear you Dee4Cee!..I tell myself: "A Lady must always know when to leave a party"....Its prudent survival and ROE (return on effort) strategy in all sorts of situations...As it applies to us...

All the dirt coins in your AO will still be there in March/April..easier to get, safer and faster...
I totally agree.

Nice work on the coin and silver harvesting and turning it into that beautiful gold coin .
Thanks, the silver coins were paid for with dug clad :mder:but the gold coin was paid for with a part of the money from my monthly pension.:money:

Nice haul! There's nothing quite like the feeling of a gold coin in your hand. I've been detecting a university over the summer and got some silver, but turned all the clad I found there into a half eagle and $10 face value of quarters.

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the snowin' gets tough, the tough get detectin'.

Nice haul! There's nothing quite like the feeling of a gold coin in your hand. I've been detecting a university over the summer and got some silver, but turned all the clad I found there into a half eagle and $10 face value of quarters.
Thanks, you certainly put your clad to good use !

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It's over for ME because I'VE decided it's over. The snow doesn't stop me but frozen ground always does. AND by the way, the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor ! :laughing:

Nicely done. Congrats on getting the gold.
Thanks, Hoser

Well done, that's a great way to use your clad! I'm thinking of using a proportion of mine this year to get some old silver too. Btw, did you get those silvers at spot price?

Pretty sure the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, not the Germans

Nice choice congrats.
Thanks

Well done, that's a great way to use your clad! I'm thinking of using a proportion of mine this year to get some old silver too. Btw, did you get those silvers at spot price?

I bought the quarters at a coin show for 10.5 times face value which was spot price at the time of purchase.

It's a line out of the movie "Animal House".

Really like the idea of the Gold Coin, you got a very nice one. Then there is the matter of $17 face on the Silver Quarters also, well that's very impressive too. Congrats on a very fine year and a great conversion. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom